• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Looks like Mitch Inman is off to Oyonnax at the end of the season.

A great servant to the club. Good luck in France, Mitch!

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Looks like Mitch Inman is off to Oyonnax at the end of the season.

A great servant to the club. Good luck in France, Mitch!

Mitch has been one of our most consistent performers and has played 79 Super Rugby matches for us. Thanks and good luck Mitch.

He is currently sitting on 98 Super Rugby caps. Shame he didn't get brought on v Crusaders I was hoping he would play his 100th match in Force v Rebels match, the two teams he played for.

Fingers crossed TT plays him in last two matches so he reaches the milestone before he leaves.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Unfortunately TT isn't one for Sentimentality.

Wasn't Neville on 49 caps for the last 3 games of his last season?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Mitch has been one of our most consistent performers and has played 79 Super Rugby matches for us. Thanks and good luck Mitch.

He is currently sitting on 98 Super Rugby caps. Shame he didn't get brought on v Crusaders I was hoping he would play his 100th match in Force v Rebels match, the two teams he played for.

Fingers crossed TT plays him in last two matches so he reaches the milestone before he leaves.

Agree, Mitch has put in a solid performance in his time at the club. Wish him all the success in the world. And it would be great for him to reach the milestone.
Re TT though, not out of character for him to bench him due to his usual petty vengeful behaviour

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Agree, Mitch has put in a solid performance in his time at the club. Wish him all the success in the world. And it would be great for him to reach the milestone.
Re TT though, not out of character for him to bench him due to his usual petty vengeful behaviour

Not out of character for TT. Given TT is leaving can we use same philosophy and bench him for two games?

He did it to Neville, benched Pyle and if Meehan wasn't our best scrum half this year, he was definitely our second best. TT'S pig headedness not taking Meehan as 3rd scrum half to South Africa cost us any chance of beating the Kings. This shows that the stubbornness has not necessarily been in the best interests of the team.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not out of character for TT. Given TT is leaving can we use same philosophy and bench him for two games?

He did it to Neville, benched Pyle and if Meehan wasn't our best scrum half this year, he was definitely our second best. TT'S pig headedness not taking Meehan as 3rd scrum half to South Africa cost us any chance of beating the Kings. This shows that the stubbornness has not necessarily been in the best interests of the team.

I suggest there are parallels here with the Wallabies atm also.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
A great man and a good rugby player.

He ran hard, straight, and got good meters in an often struggling Rebels attack.
He was a world class defender and communicator on defence (at the very difficult 13 position).
He set high training standards, talked a lot, and was a great ambassador for the Rebels off the field (being one of their best at community engagement).

Didn't fit the skill profile for higher honours, but still deserves his praise.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Good Luck to Mitch and I hope he gets to his 100th game.

But really he is not underrated, 6 trys in 98 games for a center is a poor record. His defense has been good, not sure why he was never changed to blindside flanker as a junior.

D

daz

Yes, it is tempting to think I am in a darkened room, rocking back and forth in the foetal position while chanting the laments, in reality that is exactly what I am doing! :p

Good for him and his wife; there is a good network of Aussie players and partners to plug into, and its not the worst location on Earth!

I have a little cottage hidden away over there, and I'll be catching a game or two each year.

Now I have to start planning on which lucky Rebels player is going to be his replacement for my stalking; I will require a good few weeks of handover!:D

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good Luck to Mitch and I hope he gets to his 100th game.

But really he is not underrated, 6 trys in 98 games for a center is a poor record. His defense has been good, not sure why he was never changed to blindside flanker as a junior.

For perspective, Ant Fainga'a has 5 tries in 94 games.

Mitch certainly did the shitters and his stats are pretty much what you'd expect from a solid journeyman, crash ball/defensive center. He has his value and was not a poor player.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
For perspective, Ant Fainga'a has 5 tries in 94 games.

Whilst nobody said Mitch was underrated, he certainly did the shitters and his stats are pretty much what you'd expect from a solid journeyman, crash ball/defensive center type. He has his value.
Actually, I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.