• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Here's an interesting thought - with Lance confirmed and our back 3 stocks looking very good, is Hodge our #12 next year? Or maybe he's our #13 outside of Meakes?

I can see a scenario with Hutchinson, English, and Tuipolotu regularly playing in the Dewar (as all are outside U20s aged), and that's an amazing thought.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Depends what angle Wessels wants to play.

Playing "Wallabies style" probably sees: DHP, Sefa, Meakes, Hodge, Koroibete, Lance, Genia in a fairly traditional 2 wingers, 2 centers with the playmaker on the inside for 11-14.

Playing 2017 Force Style potentially sees us: DHP, Hodge, Sefa, Meakes, Koroibete, Lance, Genia with the 2 dynamic running centers, and a winger/fullback (Hodge in a similar role to Morahan) with roving commission.

Alternatively we play traditional but swap Hodge and Meakes with the "playmaker" being slightly wider.

Lots to consider there. Maddocks ages out of U20s as well amirite. Could be an insane number of quality backs in the shield, particularly if Dom and Fou are sticking around for more than rehab.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Here's an interesting thought - with Lance confirmed and our back 3 stocks looking very good, is Hodge our #12 next year? Or maybe he's our #13 outside of Meakes?

I can see a scenario with Hutchinson, English, and Tuipolotu regularly playing in the Dewar (as all are outside U20s aged), and that's an amazing thought.
Well, that is assuming Lance doesn’t go back to the Warriors, then maybe Hodge might continue his development at 10.
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/spor...ure_still_to_be_resolved__says_Warriors_boss/

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well we know 99.9% of our team for this season guys. Be interesting to see what xv we would all pick

Ainsley
Uelese
Faulkner
Coleman
Parling
Timani
Fainga'a
Mafi
Genia
Lance
Koroibete
Meakes
Hodge
Naivalu
DHP

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well we know 99.9% of our team for this season guys. Be interesting to see what xv we would all pick

Ainsley
Uelese
Faulkner
Coleman
Parling
Timani
Fainga'a
Mafi
Genia
Lance
Koroibete
Meakes
Hodge
Naivalu
DHP

That's what I would pick except I wouldn't bother with Parling - Matt Philip instead. Also I think there is a lot of blind loyalty to Fainga'a. I think Melbourne fans will quickly realise how good Hardwick is and fall in love with him too. He'd be my 7.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Whilst I rate Dicky H, Colby is the most underrated player in the country bar none. I'd be picking Philip over Parling too, though, and I still woulldn't be surprised if Jono returns to Worcester & Reece plays 10 (Sefa moves to 13 and English to the wing).

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Whilst I rate Dicky H, Colby is the most underrated player in the country bar none. I'd be picking Philip over Parling too, though, and I still woulldn't be surprised if Jono returns to Worcester & Reece plays 10 (Sefa moves to 13 and English to the wing).
Depending on how Coleman and Philip go and they stay fit, Parling may not be utilised much.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I can see Hardwick being started by Wessels but I think Fainga'a is underrated also. Reminds me much of Gill. Great breakdown fiend and quick on his feet in the back quarter of the games, sneak some meters and go for the turnovers

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
I know Hodge apparently played 10 in his younger years but if his passing is at the level it's at after a few years of professional coaching I don't get it being near the level for a Super 10. I'd bin any thoughts of him at 10. Lance is your man when his mitt mends.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
You can train with a dislocated finger
Well, interestingly we found out from Wessels that in Sam’s case he couldn’t sweat for a certain amount of time as that can cause the finger to re-dislocate, though that time has long passed.

Never heard of that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.