• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's a shame they went bust because Crazy John's Rebels would have been awesome.

P.S. Pun (well kind of) intended for GoMelbRebels.

Reactions: dru
T

TOCC

Also parma Fou is still in town and was at Sunday morning training yesterday. Good to see Rebs looking after the long term injured rehab.

Typically, they are required to cover his rehabilitation and medial expenses until such point that he signs with another club and they opt to cover his expenses, or they determine that his injury can't be fixed and he earns himself a reasonable payout via insurance.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Typically, they are required to cover his rehabilitation and medial expenses until such point that he signs with another club and they opt to cover his expenses, or they determine that his injury can't be fixed and he earns himself a reasonable payout via insurance.

thanks. both he and Jordy are still in and around being managed.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
logo-Super Rugby-au.png

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
i suspect its about who picks up the tab. the official squad are paid for by the ARU, the wider training group i'm not sure but i expect they are outside the salary cap. if you look at the pic/vids on website, JD, Hunter Paisami, Essei Haangana, Trevor Hosea and some others are all in Rebs gear and on the platform. Creative accountancy perhaps. Also parma Fou is still in town and was at Sunday morning training yesterday. Good to see Rebs looking after the long term injured rehab.
Rebels pay for all of them. They presumably just get the same grant as other teams; no arrangement contrary to this has been mentioned- all hell would break lose if it was different.
No salary cap this year, no creativity needed on whose where just in where all the $ comes from to pay them!

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Rebels pay for all of them. They presumably just get the same grant as other teams; no arrangement contrary to this has been mentioned- all hell would break lose if it was different.
No salary cap this year, no creativity needed on whose where just in where all the $ comes from to pay them!

I'd point out that in the past the Rebels had around 5 million dollars in grants / loans that were written off (likely unlawfully) last year.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
You sure about that???

http://amp.abc.net.au/article/9465312?__twitter_impression=true

My Fav part is "Mr Langoulant said the Force sponsorship matter required further examination, and he would highlight that in forwarding his report to the Corruption and Crime Commission."
or "a $1.5 million sponsorship of the Western Force, agreed to on the eve of the state election and months before the team was axed from the Super Rugby competition, was "likely unlawful""
That might make the Victorian Government a little nervous given their recent 'sponsorship' deal with Rebels and RA

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
I'd point out that in the past the Rebels had around 5 million dollars in grants / loans that were written off (likely unlawfully) last year.
And then some.
But that’s in the past and given what’s gone down I doubt RA are stupid enough to continue that sort of “funding model”

Status
Not open for further replies.