• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So. 9. Genia 10. Cooper 11. Maddocks 12. To'omua 13. Hodge 14. Naivalu 15. DHP
Is that right?
F*ck me thats a good backline.
I'd start Korobiete instead of Maddocks and have him as cover for at 10/11/14/15. Also got English, Magnay and Meakes for depth

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
So. 9. Genia 10. Cooper 11. Maddocks 12. To'omua 13. Hodge 14. Naivalu 15. DHP
Is that right?
F*ck me thats a good backline.

To'omua won't be available till nearly the end of the season, In the meantime, I'd go something like:

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. Naivalu
14. Maddocks
15. DHP

21. Meakes
22. English/Magnay/Tuipulotu
23. Ruru

Reactions: dru

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Naivalu over Magnay you're kidding right
I know Magnay played a few games a while back and people talked him up then. He's been out of the scene for a while though so I'd like to see him earn his spot. Plus I want to see Sefa have a run at 13, he's been good there in the past.

I actually think our best mid-field combo last season was 12. Hodge, 13. English. I wouldn't be too unhappy with that again.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'd be starting English over Naivalu at 13, at least initially. Cheika will probably also want all of Koroibete, DHP, Maddocks and Naivalu to get some time off through the year so it makes sense to rotate them through the wings/fullback as needed.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. Meakes/To'omua
14. Maddocks
15. DHP

21. Ruru
22. English
23. Naivalu

I'm really liking the 2nd play maker from 13 trend that's slowly creeping in.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. Meakes/To'omua
14. Maddocks
15. DHP

21. Ruru
22. English
23. Naivalu

I'm really liking the 2nd play maker from 13 trend that's slowly creeping in.

I don’t mind it either but it’s a very big change in tactics when To'omua won’t be free till towards the end of super and in the meantime you’ll have Naivalu, English, meakes possibly hodge filling that role very different skill sets

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Does anyone think Tuipolotu will break into the 23? He looked good in the NRC IMO.

I hope so, hes definitely got potential and was one of the reasons i believe we should look to move on one of our outside back / outside centre options, probably Sefa or English (i rate Koroibete and Maddocks higher or potentially higher). Lets not forget we have Semisi Tupou as well, who could very well end up better than any of the current options. You want to be giving these guys game time, otherwise they will move to greener pastures. The best athletes want to play and start every game, every week, its a character trait that makes the best rugby players/sportsmen etc. I also think English or Sefa could genuinely offer something to the national team, so sitting on the bench does nothing for their careers or prospects and would be better reinforcing another Aus franchise, so we can make Aus rugby as a whole as strong as possible.

On another note, i am looking forward to English playing Baabaa's this weekend against Arg, Luke Jones in the squad as well.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
he's looked good at most NRCs.

How do you fit him in unless there is buckets of injuries?

Or forced rest periods during the 2019 Super Rugby season. I'd imagine Meakes and Hodge will be rested for some matches, so opens the door for him.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Itsrugby has Magnay playing just 5 games in Japan since he left the Reds with none at all since January this year.

Is that right?

He's going to need a fair old off season to get up to speed

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
watching some of the news on Rebels website, interested to see Tayler Adams still at the Rebels, will be a good backup to QC (Quade Cooper).

Status
Not open for further replies.