• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Hehe - Wade Cooper. Phuck the Vics can be ignorant sometimes.
( and I'm technically one!)

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Rebels-Reds-Trial-2019-003.jpg

Rebels-Reds-Trial-2019-006.jpg

Rebels-Reds-Trial-2019-005.jpg

Rebels-Reds-Trial-2019-004.jpg

Rebels-Reds-Trial-2019-002.jpg

Rebels-Reds-Trial-2019-001.jpg

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Update of the sponsorship deal with ICS. Will appear on the front of Jersey for 2019 (and hopefully beyond).

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Update of the sponsorship deal with ICS. Will appear on the front of Jersey for 2019 (and hopefully beyond).

A quick look at ICS makes me feel slightly better about them as a sponsor (Been in Melbourne for two decades). They don't seem as flakey as some previous Rebs sponsors. Hopefully some on field success will attract more off field.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
I will be up in Thailand for the Bangkok 10's at the end of next week,will be thinking of the poor bugger!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Of course barely a peep around other sporting teams with Thai Air - even those actually playing soccer West Sydney Wanderers for example

It's the timing of the announcement.

That said, it's a little bit of a stitch up to suggest this is all Thailand's fault. An AFP Officer through the Australian Interpol office notified Interpol that someone with a red notice against them (from Bahrain) was due to depart the country and Bahrain then applied to the Thai courts for his arrest and then extradition under an Interpol arrest notice.

Basically Australia is a nation of ultra cops and narcs and we have created the situation that now for Hakeem.

I think Thailand could do more to protect him but I don't think they are solely (or even chiefly) to blame here.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
It's the timing of the announcement.

That said, it's a little bit of a stitch up to suggest this is all Thailand's fault. An AFP Officer through the Australian Interpol office notified Interpol that someone with a red notice against them (from Bahrain) was due to depart the country and Bahrain then applied to the Thai courts for his arrest and then extradition under an Interpol arrest notice.

Basically Australia is a nation of ultra cops and narcs and we have created the situation that now for Hakeem.

I think Thailand could do more to protect him but I don't think they are solely (or even chiefly) to blame here.

This from the Thai government.

Agree that timing wasn't good and could have been revised, but I don't think we need to hang the Thai government for everything here.

I saw IG shots from Adam Coleman aboard a Thai Airways place last week, so it's been a while in the making. At first, I thought he was jetting to London to "inspect the facilities" at the Not Nots, so I was somewhat relieved to see it was for a sponsorship/partnership deal.

But yea, timing.

Edit: Link to full statement from Thai Foreign ministry: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/news3/6886/99433

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jeez the twitter outrage machine is in full swing.

Busy day for the Rebels social media crew.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
Without the Rebels seemingly accidentally stepping in it I'd have no idea who this Hakeem is or the injustice he is facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.