• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
So DHP is replacing Adam Coleman as captain.
Screenshot_20190207-195343_Twitter.jpg

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Yes, Adam could be on the move. A big shame to Australian Rugby if it happens. Certainly can't begrudge Adam for taking the coin.

Then again, he could be relieving himself of the Captain's job to concentrate on his game. Some observers here thought he wasn't his usual angry self last year, so might be happy without the added pressure of captaincy.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I can't see any press on the announcement, other than the grabs from the team launch.

Would love to know who the VC's are (or is) and why Adam decided to hand over the Captaincy (if they differ from the reasons discussed above).

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
DHP as captain is idiotic, it really should have been Genia

Genia is a well known shit talker who can't handle pressure on the field. Often blames people irrationally. Not captain material.

I hope this means that DHP is locked in with Melbourne for a while. Good relationship with Wessels who is here to stay, so maybe they're trying to forge something special.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I can't see any press on the announcement, other than the grabs from the team launch.

Would love to know who the VC's are (or is) and why Adam decided to hand over the Captaincy (if they differ from the reasons discussed above).

in todays Australian by Wayne Smith. DHP signed for another 2 years after this, and Rebels/Wallabies worried Colemans game was undone by being a captain and having to curtail the aggression.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
^^^
If reports are to be believed he was carrying a cracked sternum (or something, costochondritis?) for a large portion of the season, which probably explains his reticence regarding contact.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
in todays Australian by Wayne Smith. DHP signed for another 2 years after this, and Rebels/Wallabies worried Colemans game was undone by being a captain and having to curtail the aggression.

Totally agree with this. i think the captainacy curtained his abrasive ways, which impacted on-field. His sternum injury wouldn't have helped either. Think the change of role for AC will be good.

I'm also hoping the talk of Coleman heading to the Not Nots will die down now, even more so since another high profile target is on their radar - Sean O'Brien.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
I've never been a fan of the fullback being a captain of a team. Just seem a bit too far away from the action for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.