• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2020

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

Expert Finance Services shared the same office as iMoneyLab, but no mention of it as one of their products/servcies. Was it the name of the company pre brand refresh?

According to ASIC, EFS officially in liquidation. Appointed liquidators is also another Rebels sponsor, PwC.

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov....xpert+finance+group&court=&district=&dnotice=

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Expert Finance Services shared the same office as iMoneyLab, but no mention of it as one of their products/servcies. Was it the name of the company pre brand refresh?

According to ASIC, EFS officially in liquidation. Appointed liquidators is also another Rebels sponsor, PwC.

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/Expert-Finance-Group-Pty-Ltd-165759240/ea3d4ede-678f-40c1-a04f-04a1a837a03b?appointment=All&noticestate=All&companynameoracn=expert finance group&court=&district=&dnotice=

Yes, EFS morphed into Moneylab. The action was brought about due to the debt owed to the ATO, as a priority creditor the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) who have submitted a claim in the amount of $21,919.94 with respect to Superannuation Guarantee Charge and as Unsecured creditor the ATO and is owed $76,577.17 with respect to an unpaid tax debt.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Yes, EFS morphed into Moneylab. The action was brought about due to the debt owed to the ATO, as a priority creditor the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) who have submitted a claim in the amount of $21,919.94 with respect to Superannuation Guarantee Charge and as Unsecured creditor the ATO and is owed $76,577.17 with respect to an unpaid tax debt.

Interesting. I don't pretend to be an expert in this field, so work with me here. Looks like proceedings were brought against EFS, but not Joel specifically? Perhaps the liquidation order was a bit of sabre rattling to force payment. I can't see iMoneyLab not being able to afford it. Also can't see any evidence of EFS in the ABR, either current or historic. Don;t think companies just disappear like that.

Clearly you know a lot more than is available in the public domain. Feel free to share...

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Interesting. I don't pretend to be an expert in this field, so work with me here. Looks like proceedings were brought against EFS, but not Joel specifically? Perhaps the liquidation order was a bit of sabre rattling to force payment. I can't see iMoneyLab not being able to afford it. Also can't see any evidence of EFS in the ABR, either current or historic. Don;t think companies just disappear like that.

Clearly you know a lot more than is available in the public domain. Feel free to share.

Joel Lockwood and Gareth Robinson set up EFS in 2013, but in 2016 it morphed into moneylab. The business sold its book (probably to money lab) and the liquidator seems to be inferring that it was sold below value and the company was left with unpaid debts to the ATO. Gareth Robinson is not listed as a director of EFS any more, but is the majority shareholder.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Can’t like that enough. Feels good to have some consistency and awesome for the Wallabies. I’m used to having these players like Fardy, Mowen, Arnold, Coleman, Kerevi peak for one year, show us how incredible they are then bugger off just as they’re getting good. Very excited to see what Koroibete can do with two more years.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
A couple of weeks ago someone mentioned some international forwards were due to sign, if that’s true (I haven’t heard a thing about it) we could do far worse than Himeno from Japan. What a player he is, can play every position in the back 5. Some of the Japanese props could be useful as well.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Great lead up work by Leota to a Rising try with two good offloads in the process. Starts at 3:27:
Hopefully he keeps improving.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Tet Faulkner off to the 'Tahs. Thanks for your service mate.

Is the move freeing up space for the international tight five, alluded to by Dave at the town hall?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Yes officially. I tried to quite the tweet, but Xenforo barfed the Twitter quote. CBF posting an image. anyway, it's on the website.