• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Surely Wessells is under some pressure. Rebels always have a solid squad, they are just so underwhelming when they cross the white line.
Tonight was our worst loss, so better judge by the end of the season if it’s an aberration or something worse. But you’d think so.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well when i played we were just Victoria and the B team were the "Hornets" but about 15 ? years ago they changed to Axemen, at the time of the national championships. Its the local club rep side.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
well when i played we were just Victoria and the B team were the "Hornets" but about 15 ? years ago they changed to Axemen, at the time of the national championships. Its the local club rep side.

Is that a subtle boast of playing for Vic? Tbf I think with the player depth of Melbourne, I'd imagine a fair chunk of us posters here would've represented Victoria in some form or another.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Is that a subtle boast of playing for Vic? Tbf I think with the player depth of Melbourne, I'd imagine a fair chunk of us posters here would've represented Victoria in some form or another.

Oh fuck off. Let a bloke have a subtle boast of rep honours, Christ I'd put it out there. Have a little dignity.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Oh fuck off. Let a bloke have a subtle boast of rep honours, Christ I'd put it out there. Have a little dignity.
I’m sorry if it came out too critical. If it helps I represented Vic 10 years ago now and still claim it’s my highest achievement!

Reactions: Tex

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Must be some optimism for the prospect of rep footy then. Wonder who they've lined up to play?

Axemen sounds like timber sports at the Easter Show or something, ......... at best.

If they only wrote that name on a beer coaster 15 years ago, maybe they can rejig it again, except this time on the back of an envelope? ;)

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
So we are expecting Wilkin back yeah?

who misses out?

Thought Leota was actually pretty good off the bench
Actually really liked Leota this year. Thought last year as a back rower he was to passive with the way he carried and defended and not strong enough at the break down to be a 7. He has added a lot of aggression to his game runs those hard lines and has a lot more presence out on the park. He has been a much improved player for mine

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Dave Wessels will be interviewed tomorrow morning on RSN Breakfast Club on radio station RSN 927am in Melbourne or www.rsn.net.au. Not sure of time. The program runs from 6am - 8:30am.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
From Foxsports:

In other news, the Rebels will announce the return of Matt Philip in the coming days.

Philip signed a short-term deal in France last year, but after becoming a regular under Rennie wanted to return home.The Waratahs had attempted to sign him, but after returning to the Wallabies under Wessels and Geoff Parling’s watch has decided to return to Melbourne.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...1aa1cdab00589188f05?__twitter_impression=true