• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
First time I've heard of it, unless it's a reference to Burn City Smokers in South Kingsville.... which, based on Pone's athletic physique, wouldn't surprise me.

Trying to work out with this house of delightful meats is located in Sth Kingsville. Using the Blue Raincoat as a centrepoint. Guide me good sir.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think if Deegan used it, it might raise an eyebrow or two.

Reminds me of my highschool flyhalf (playing Dewar Shield now, not hard to work out). He was very white and very ginger and would always throw out "uso" and "skux bro". Never quite worked.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep, it's the in group of shops I was thinking about. Have family that live two streets away. The Blue Raincoat used to be in that grup of shops belore it clsoed down.

Sadly, I don't think they will deliver to the inner east suburbs.

It's actually a good little neighbourhood down there (there's also a nice Lebanese restaurant on that strip now), just lacking in public transport options.........

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Closest Train is Spotwood I think, so yea a fair walk. There is a bus nearby, but never been a fan of Buses for reliable PT.

I usually stop at the Bottle-O there for some sippers, then head to the uncles House. Usually there is a decent Italian feast on offer; trackpants and an empty stomach strongly advised :)

Also worked down at NPS for a while, so walked from Newport to the Plant. Love walkking throuhg the rennovated Cottages down threre.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Uelese, Fa'amasuili, Leota and Hosea - all under 23 - that's great backbone :)

On another note - who here would like like to see Pone as an 8 - in the Billy Vunipola model?

He played 8 a few times in the Dewar Shield in the last couple of years and definitely has the ball running of it, but if you can get him to scrum as well as run the ball why would you move him?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
but if you can get him to scrum as well as run the ball why would you move him?

I don't get why people have a fascination in trying to move players from the position they play to one where their major strength would only be adequate for their position and they would then have a bunch of deficiencies compared to other players in that position.

Fa'amausili needs to improve his scrummaging, much like Angus Bell does. Both of them have skills they bring to the prop position that set them apart from their competitors.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't get why people have a fascination in trying to move players from the position they play to one where their major strength would only be adequate for their position and they would then have a bunch of deficiencies compared to other players in that position.

Fa'amausili needs to improve his scrummaging, much like Angus Bell does. Both of them have skills they bring to the prop position that set them apart from their competitors.

to be fair there were more than a handful suggesting Tupou move to No 8 early in his pro career. Now look at him. If we can have another like that in a few years, it'd be handy.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
to be fair there were more than a handful suggesting Tupou move to No 8 early in his pro career. Now look at him. If we can have another like that in a few years, it'd be handy.
Especially a player on the improve. Could be another discussion if he was stagnating. Also his body shape etc. just screams prop.