• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
This exactly it our kicking game is hopeless. To'omua’s exits were woeful and put us under so much pressure.

Both his and Powell kicks were terrible last night. One of Powell’s box kicks late in the piece looked like it went sideways from where I was sitting.

The blues wanted to play with ball in hand and were on top so instead of kicking the ball away as soon as we got possession we had to maintain possession.

I felt as much as it was too little to late we looked better late in the game with Gordon on, I would start him next week push To'omua out to 12

its not the execution that is the issue more the plan for me. To'omua can pin point a kick better than anyone in the country but its generally at a max of 35-40m & when it he is under pressure from within his own goal line the plan is clearly get the ball out of bounds around the 22 & set up hoping for a mistake from the opposition. Interms of joey's box kicking that would have been his 1st back half clearing box kick all year! & yes it was terrible but he never practices it.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Pretty good - Cash in Japan then come back and keep busy helping a squad through Super Rugby TT until either Super Rugby or Japan again.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I grew to quite like Andrew, he was in some good form either early 2020 or 2019? but then dropped off in the 2nd half. Hopefully he stays good.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Looks like andrew Kellaway has rejoined for the rest of the season
Wow given depth issues at wing that is good news. He can also play outside centre and maybe option there. Something needs to change with the backline as it is not working and not sure how much players or game plan. Eg. Tommua at 12 more appealing for me but I don’t know if Carter ready?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Magnay needs to be 13 - Shame Holland couldnt continue at 12.

Bizzare recrtuiment having To'omua then a couple development brothers from Brisbane. Whole season depending on Hodge to shift in if required.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Wow given depth issues at wing that is good news. He can also play outside centre and maybe option there. Something needs to change with the backline as it is not working and not sure how much players or game plan. Eg. Tommua at 12 more appealing for me but I don’t know if Carter ready?

Its a catch 22 we prob have nothing to loose by giving him a run as we prob wont make the final but do you really want to ruin a rising young gun but him getting completely beaten up by the nz teams?

also we don't know if Foote is coaching for the future or is he coaching to try get a full time gig next yr? if he is trying to win the job he prob wont put the trust of the team in a 10 that has played less than a half of Super Rugby across 2 games

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

After everything I said 2 hours ago Carter is in

Attachments

• 1A3FBBF3-041D-4BBD-87C4-1B3AC99DC45A.jpeg
    1A3FBBF3-041D-4BBD-87C4-1B3AC99DC45A.jpeg
    711.9 KB · Views: 113

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Good to see Gordon given a start. Still pissed about him leaving the Reds but will deliver good things for Australian rugby in years to come.

Lets just keep a lid on things long term for a bit, we have a history of completely burning young "future wallaby talent" lol lets just let him play a few Super Rugby games 1st haha