• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Really hopefully Kevin doesn't put his foot in it (aha) and play Kellaway out of position at 13. Ripley is our man there, with good support from Kellaway & Monty on the wings, then Hodge at fullback he could do something special with a full season.

Though what's inside him worries me, are we going to have an all rookie 9-13. Hmm.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Really hopefully Kevin doesn't put his foot in it (aha) and play Kellaway out of position at 13. Ripley is our man there, with good support from Kellaway & Monty on the wings, then Hodge at fullback he could do something special with a full season.

Though what's inside him worries me, are we going to have an all rookie 9-13. Hmm.

maybe Hodge 12 & Jooste at 15

We still have Stacey Ily who while closer to npc than a test centre does add Super Rugby & old head experience

Last edited:

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Think we might see Hodge start the season at 15, but move to 12 once Kellaway returns.

Perhaps as mentioned Joost at 15 if they want to start Hodge at 12 from the get go, but teams tend to prefer their better players at 15 these days.

Hodgey a good defender, so at 12 not the worst option. Can do some ball playing and big enough frame to belt it forward. Also in a kicking position if needed.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Full strength I think. Anyone missing there?
1675996158377.png

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
The rebels can control whether dynasty are going to charge their members or not. Or simply make the pack available to be picked up from the game.
It is a no brainer. Charge a bit extra per membership up front to include the shipping on the merchandise, people won’t feel ripped off. Other alternative would be to have a hub at each home game, where members can get their merchandise and meet other diehard fans.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I think the R1 team will look drastically different in the front 5.

Gibbon will come in, Mafi will start, Cabous will be TH. Have even paired for scrummaging combo in this match. Cardall wouldn’t surprise me to start as well for some experience.

In the backs Tuttle surely keeps 9.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I think the R1 team will look drastically different in the front 5.

Gibbon will come in, Mafi will start, Cabous will be TH. Have even paired for scrummaging combo in this match. Cardall wouldn’t surprise me to start as well for some experience.

In the backs Tuttle surely keeps 9.

I reckon they will do a fair 3 way rotation with the front rowers this season

Gibbon/Orr/IAK
Mafi/Uelese/Rangi
Pone/Cabus/Talakai

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Tamati Ioane also absent. Interesting one: in the absence of Rob I would have thought his point of difference would have been a big part of balancing the back row. Unless Ekuasi is currently penciled into the 23.

Top Bottom