• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Hard when we have no idea if about 6 players are injured or not

Orr
Mafi
Eloff
complete raffle
Canham
Kemeny
Wilkin (c)
Hardwick

Tutle
Gordan
Monty
Hodge (based on y day filling in for nu'u after he got inj)
Ily
Anderson
Pincus

Uelese??? (maybe Rangi)
IAK (if Gibbon is inj)
Talakai (if pone inj)
Hosea maybe, the club is talking him up but we haven't seen him so one of the 3 we just signed up / Tualima
Miava
Ripley
Vaihu
This is pretty close to my list. I’d have Ripley at 13 or the wing.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
My list:

1-Gibbon
2-Mafi
3-Talakai
4-Canham
5-Hosea
6-Tualima
7-Kemeny
8-Ioane
9-Louwrens
10-Gordon
11-Ioane
12-Ili
13-Nu'u
14-Pincus
15-Hodge

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Our injuries are so bleak. I was going to say Nu'u getting a season injury is in the worst position for us but in reality any position beyond the front row would fuck us.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Anyone watch the trial? Highlights/lowlights?

highlight
Monty played well for his half, Pincus looked good at 15 & prob played himself into at least the 23 for r1

lowlight
Orr & Rangi getting completely dominated by R Van no Nek including us copping a yellow for it.

we actually looked okay when we had the ball in space

Reactions: dru

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
highlight
Monty played well for his half, Pincus looked good at 15 & prob played himself into at least the 23 for r1

lowlight
Orr & Rangi getting completely dominated by R Van no Nek including us copping a yellow for it.

we actually looked okay when we had the ball in space
Still don't quite understand why we didn't use Van Nek more.

Italy missed Monty greatly this morning. It'll be nice to finally have some size on the wing.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Looking more certain Reece is off to Bayonne next year. Hopefully Mason comes along (a lot) this year.

We're talking about a big mountain to climb here. I do not doubt his skills, but he hasn't even debuted for the REbels.

What little birdy is telling you Reece is looking likely to leave?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
We're talking about a big mountain to climb here. I do not doubt his skills, but he hasn't even debuted for the REbels.

What little birdy is telling you Reece is looking likely to leave?
French twitter.

Maybe Kellaway spends more time at the back this year than I thought.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
To be fair, Reece will have given us 8 quality years of service. Time for him to make some overseas $$$. If only Australia could entice players to our shores.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
French twitter.

Maybe Kellaway spends more time at the back this year than I thought.

French twitter can be an absolute clusterfuck of hate and fucktardry, but I agree with GMR's view that he may wish to earn some big bucks before the body gives out.

The only thing that may keep him here is a conversation with Eddie. With KBs career seemingly over, a spot may have freed up for the Wallaby 15.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, Campbell, Kellaway and Wright are the next crop of fullbacks and arguably they're all ahead of Hodge at the moment anyway. You've then got Petaia and Harrison/Donaldson as options going forward with Grealy and Jorgenson on the horizon. There's also guys like Maddocks they could bring back, or Louis Lynagh they could sign and NRL options like Sua'ali'i. I can't see RA breaking the bank to hang on to Hodge, even with a new coach calling the shots.