• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Blues, Round 7 2012, AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Osama-Bin-Laden-640x480-2.jpg

um Rene Ranger please explain...

because we live in a world and to have a joke its not tolerated, please don't find this a insult... But if you do, oh well..

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Really enjoyable game.

Rebels defence is starting to show good signs.

Scrum is a real worry though - Blake is setting up far too high and from there it's impossible for him to get low enough to compete.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Blues are probably the team that have disappointed their supporters the most this season. Some of their handling errors were diabolical. Really don't know what has happened to a team I thought had a real chance of topping the NZ conference and going all the way?

Well done to the Rebels though, great effort and massive win. Love their captain, is it true he can't play beyond this season? great pity if so.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Scrum was strange, seemed like the Blues were getting away with a huge shove before the ball was in. Sometimes ref's call it, sometimes they don't.

Great game Rebels, you stuffed my tipping but i'm glad you got up.

Nonu and Weepu are like the poisoned chalice. Not that you can blame them for the loss, but one does wonder if they really give a shit about Super Rugby and that general air of indifference permeates a team culture. Wasn't much heart from the Blues at all.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Nonu and Weepu are like the poisoned chalice. Not that you can blame them for the loss, but one does wonder if they really give a shit about Super Rugby and that general air of indifference permeates a team culture. Wasn't much heart from the Blues at all.

I can't help but agree. Look at the 'Canes since these two were moved on and then look at the Blues. It can be easily argued that there is a common denominator there, being Porky and Nonu, however it could also be the mediocre players around them. Generally, Mealamu has been the glue that has held the team together, but I can't help wondering if Kaino played a massive role in that too.

Anyway, brilliant win by the Rebels. I particularly enjoyed seeing the Rebels go for the jugular in the dying seconds.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
This is the worst Blues side ever?
Was at the game. Great atmosphere, well done rebels. The blues were terrible, handling errors.
This may be the worst blues team, but why? Nonu, weepu, mealamu, Woodc&*k, williams. Should be better.
Must be frustrating being a Blues supporter ATM.

T

tranquility

Great win Rebs, great reward for your supporters as well.

Luke Jones in starting to show his immense talent, that has been touted since he was at school. Incredible really.
I hope he stays south as he is a player they can build a pack around, with Pyle, Saffy etc.

Onwards and upwards for the 5 stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom