• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Brumbies Super Rugby 2015 Rnd 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Yes, Charlie Ngatai had a cracking game and his try was very good.

Ah yes, that's him name. I can be terrible at names sometimes. If SBW comes back I'd imagine Charlie will just revert back to 13, especially consider the replacement 13 went off injured within the first 10.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ah yes, that's him name. I can be terrible at names sometimes. If SBW comes back I'd imagine Charlie will just revert back to 13, especially consider the replacement 13 went off injured within the first 10.

You're thinking of someone else. The 13, Tamanivalu played the whole 80. Bryce Heem was the only back to go off and that was late in the game for Damian McKenzie to come on.

Kolomatangi the openside flanker got injured in the first five minutes and went off.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I do reca
You're thinking of someone else. The 13, Tamanivalu played the whole 80. Bryce Heem was the only back to go off and that was late in the game for Damian McKenzie to come on.

Kolomatangi the openside flanker got injured in the first five minutes and went off.

Clearly I payed a LOT of attention to the substitutions in the Chiefs v Brumbies game :(

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
We all hope that of our teams, every time the Brumbies line up I fell in my guts we are going to cope a hiding just nerves.. I find Alcohol helps :)

It's difficult when your opponent is better than you from 1-23. Still, can only hope. If we play our best we shouldn't lose by more than two or three tries.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
It's difficult when your opponent is better than you from 1-23. Still, can only hope. If we play our best we shouldn't lose by more than two or three tries.

I recall similar sentiment in the same matchday thread last year and look what happened. Hopefully the Rugby gods might be nice to us this weekend. I'm a glass half-full guy, so I remain optimistic. If all else fails, there is always Beer to soothe my pain.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think this game will be close. Brumbies should win and probably will but I think the Rebels will take it right to them.

I'm predicting it will still be game on in the final 10 minutes.

D

daz

If we play our best (and chuck in a bit of luck), there is no reason we couldn't win.

The only hiccup to that theory is if the Brumbies best is better than ours on the day.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Im quite a happy bloke at the moment, the Brumbies are playing magically rugby.. with the caveat they shut up shop too early. But both White and Moore have come out with the same thing I talked about. The Rebels are good and I think they will win more then they lose but give them 2 - 3 years they be in the finals.. Next year the Brumbies will be rebuilding again.. I think its now or never for this bunch of players

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Far too much lovey doey consensus and respect here for my liking!

Rebels will fucking do you lot of trumped up donkeys!

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
If this game was at Canberra then the Brumbies would do us like a bride on her honeymoon but it's not. We have matched and beaten the brumbies consistently in Melbourne and they always look better than us on paper.

This year I think we are better in a few. 8 &6 for example. Jones is not far from Carter if not on par. The rebels pack have proven me wrong the last two weeks and I am starting to think that they are better than I gave them credit for. This will be our hardest test however.

I am going with Tex and tipping the Rebels to come out hard and do you over. Your lot. Will not expect it and will be clueless even with all your experience.

If not I will blame Steve Walsh as always and go home with the consolation that least my second favourite team got up this week. Rebels with money on the win.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies team:

Moore in for Mann-Rea. Blake Enever and Jesse Mogg onto the bench for Doyle and Taliauli

1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore (c)
3. Ben Alexander
4. Rory Arnold
5. Sam Carter
6. Scott Fardy
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ita Vaea
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Joe Tomane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Robbie Coleman

Replacements
16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. Ruan Smith
18. JP Smith
19. Blake Enever
20. Jordan Smiler
21. Michael Dowsett
22. James Dargaville
23. Jesse Mogg

ACT Waterboy

Stan Wickham (3)
Brumbies team:

Moore in for Mann-Rea. Blake Enever and Jesse Mogg onto the bench for Doyle and Taliauli

1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore (c)
3. Ben Alexander
4. Rory Arnold
5. Sam Carter
6. Scott Fardy
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ita Vaea
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Joe Tomane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Robbie Coleman

Replacements
16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. Ruan Smith
18. JP Smith
19. Blake Enever
20. Jordan Smiler
21. Michael Dowsett
22. James Dargaville
23. Jesse Mogg

IMO Doyle should be at 7, Butler at 8 and Vaea on the bench, but all in all a very strong side

Status
Not open for further replies.