• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Force 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Give me a break. What absolute rubbish. The Rebels are first year operating in a state with very little Rugby played and they are supposed to develop their own talent. Hugh Pyle , Nick Phibbs and Ged Robinson have been amongst the handful of best players for the Rebels this year and none had played Super Rugby before. All of these players have recommitted to the Rebels for 2012 2013 . That indicates talent development. Your comment is close to the biggest crock I have ever seen on these pages.

You give me a break. What are you saying here

And this from the supporter of a team that signed Drew Mitchell from the Force, Berrick Barnes from the Reds and now Ashley Copper from the Brumbies . Nice comment pal.

in response to
Rebels are starting to pinch the good players from other provinces.

You denying that the Rebels are pinching good players from other provinces?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Shit guys, calm down please. This thread is about the Force/Rebels game, can we keep it to that thankyou. You can start another thread to discuss this subject if you really want to but we have had this debate at least 20 times and it never gets anywhere.

Reactions: daz

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Give me a break. What absolute rubbish. The Rebels are first year operating in a state with very little Rugby played and they are supposed to develop their own talent. Hugh Pyle , Nick Phibbs and Ged Robinson have been amongst the handful of best players for the Rebels this year and none had played Super Rugby before. All of these players have recommitted to the Rebels for 2012 2013 . That indicates talent development. Your comment is close to the biggest crock I have ever seen on these pages.

Robinson had played Super Rugby.

Phipps had toured with the Wallabies (and played for Uni which is as good a development as you can get)

Pyle had been in professional programs for a while, with constant injury set backs.

T

tranquility

Coming from the Rebels which don't develop any talent. Don't want to turn this into an argument but please, don't try and pull away from the facts that the Rebels poach every player from elsewhere because they got none of their own.

What's eating you mate?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's eating you mate?

Huh? Seems some interpreted my comments wrong. I'm not complaining about the Rebels poaching players because well they have to since they have no talent of their own. It's better for Australia rugby to have 5 franchises. What I found odd was someone associated with the Rebels trying to counter a comment about the Rebels taking other state's talent with a comment directed at NSW's dealings.

M

Moono75

Nothing will give me greater pleasure than seeing the Force beat the Rebels. I hope we smash the hell out of them. Hurry up beer-o-clock....damn 3.5 hours to go.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Nothing will give me greater pleasure than seeing the Rebels beat the Force. I hope we smash the hell out of them. Hurry up beer-o-clock....damn 1.5 hours to go.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
This is a pretty unenjoyable game to watch. Espescially from a Force fans point of view, knock on after knock on.

And this ref is being particularly technical, which is detracting from the spectacle.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Why do the Force only turn up against the ladder leaders? They're like the hurricanes of old but with even less success.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
The Force thrives when they - esp their backrow - can get all handsy with the tackled player and the ball. Sometimes the ref won't allow it.

R

RuckinGoodStats

Over 65 tactical kicks from the hand in this game with 20 minutes to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.