• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Hurricanes, R13, AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Has the Asian 5 Nations started yet? If Shotas been selected, maybe they want to make sure Leafa has some miles in the legs before Shota has to leave,

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

I think this is part of the reason, I think him and Sau ship out soon and there might have been a deal to ensure they both don't get injured. by that logic I would imagine Kingston will come on for Sau at some stage.

Similar for McMahon, but then again Colby has been playing better. Still I would pick McMahon over Colby in my starting team.

4 hours to go lads! Got a good feeling about this one, the same feeling I had before the Stormers match last year. Getting used to the fact that I will lose my voice by the end of the match.

Don't forget your scarves and hats members, apparently we're getting free stuff tonight. Hopefully decent Beer at the ground.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Has the Asian 5 Nations started yet? If Shotas been selected, maybe they want to make sure Leafa has some miles in the legs before Shota has to leave,

yes started late april
japan have already beaten phillipines 99-10- last week, play again tomorrow, and next two weekends. i can't see either male sau or shota horie being involved. i suppose they could fly out for the game in tokyo next weekend (17th) but why ?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Ref seems gun shy, as if he came into the game with expectation the Rebels would be slaughtered at scrum time.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Can this bloke go to the Sri Lankan leagues or something. He does not deserve to be officiating in a tier 1 or 2 nation,

M

Moono75

Watch out for Mota Matu'u........or should that be motor crash

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wonderful kick from Barrett, Jane as always great at regathering from a kick, & Conrad to finish. Excellent try.

M

Moono75

Nice try Canes. Conrad actually holds onto one for a change.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
And finally, finally, when we need to score three times to win, parity seems to be achieved.

Will save my final comments for later, but I am NOT a happy chappie.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bit disappointing from the Kiwi Rebels tonight. Have only shown real urgency in attack in the last 10-15 minutes.

Vito my man of the match

M

Moono75

What did we think of Higgo's game? Is he in contention for the Wallabies 8 jersey.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Was the sort of night where you needed a big old school shithead like Nathan Hines. Who'd recognize that the ref was letting the attacking side get away with murder, and take it upon himself to fix it himself.

12 points gift wrapped from the ref, along with another 3 from a stupid mistake.

I'm really disappointed. For the second week in a row, our scrum dominance (on our own feed) was not acknowledged by the ref until it was too late to have an impact.

Ref let attacking side get away with murder. The Canes took that to the extreme. The Rebs didn't capitalise.

I'm no longer angry, just disappointed that sort of officiating is capable at this level.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Congratulations highlander35, surely a new forum record, 7 straight posts in the one thread having a whinge about the ref.

The Conrad try might be a shot for try of the year. Had everything, show and go, counter attack and line breaks, excellent ruck work, a cross field kick on the money and an offload in the tackle for the try.

Status
Not open for further replies.