• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels V Jaguares - AAMI Park - 14th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Well thank God this season is coming to a end.

Fair wells to Mitch, Man bun and JD, and I don't know about half the squad yet to be announced or I can't remember.

Forecast - Cold and Wet

Prediction - A shocking match and consuming to many beers.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Last one for 2017, possibly last one forever. I'll be there shivering through.

On a related note, does anyone know if the draconian new 'anti-terror' rules will be in place at AAMI Park? Herald Sun reported that personal body scans, a ban on bags and other genius measures that will mean people mass outside the gates would be required at MCG, AAMI and Etihad.

It's an important question and will dictate my decision to/not to smuggle a few tinnies into the stands.

D

daz

The security for the Wobs/Fiji Test was full on, Tex. Many people didn't get into the ground until 15 minutes in.

Full scans, bag check and pat down. Your tinnies will not make it, sorry to say!

I would expect the same security this Friday, so arrive a few minutes early just to be sure.

D

daz

Yep, weather will be awful. The rugby won't be any better, as I really think the guys just want to get to the finish line as quickly as possible.

I'm sure they want to win, but mentally, these guys are dead ducks.

If the Jaguares get a few points ahead, watch for the Rebels to crumble and stagger to the 80 minute mark.

Anyway, I'll drink a few pre-game beers, attend the game, expect nothing good to happen, farewell some players, and then go home and flick the switch on season 2017.

Reactions: Tex

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Teams up. Mad dog is back
f25d44d9cde67508668b7686a712d0f5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
This will be the last game for Jonah Placid. Off to RCT next year on a 2-year deal.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
The security for the Wobs/Fiji Test was full on, Tex. Many people didn't get into the ground until 15 minutes in.

Full scans, bag check and pat down. Your tinnies will not make it, sorry to say!

I would expect the same security this Friday, so arrive a few minutes early just to be sure.
Funny how experiences can differ. We got there just on kick off. I was taking my 2yr old and 6mth old to their first test match. Security saw us with the pram about 20m from even reaching the queue. Yelled out for us to come over. We got there, he stopped the line to let us through with only a cursory bag check. Once inside the pram was valet parked for us. Guess the moral of the story is I should have smuggled in some tinnies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Funny how experiences can differ. We got there just on kick off. I was taking my 2yr old and 6mth old to their first test match. Security saw us with the pram about 20m from even reaching the queue. Yelled out for us to come over. We got there, he stopped the line to let us through with only a cursory bag check. Once inside the pram was valet parked for us. Guess the moral of the story is I should have smuggled in some tinnies.

Same experience, lesson. Bring the kids in prams to any busy game.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jaguares: 15 Joaquín Tuculet, 14 Matías Moroni, 13 Matías Orlando, 12 Bautista Ezcurra, 11 Emiliano Boffelli, 10 Nicolás Sánchez, 9 Martín Landajo, 8 Leonardo Senatore, 7 Rodrigo Báez, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Benjamin Macome, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Enrique Pieretto, 2 Agustin Creevy (captain), 1 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro. Substitutes: 16 Julián Montoya, 17 Ramiro Herrera, 18 Lucas Noguera, 19 Ignacio Larrague, 20 Juan Cruz Guillemain, 21 Gonzalo Bertranou, 22 Juan Martín Hernández, 23 Santiago Cordero

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Apparently M. Inman is in doubt for his 100th with a dodgy calf. Will have a fitness test at the captain's run today.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Apparently M. Inman is in doubt for his 100th with a dodgy calf. Will have a fitness test at the captain's run today.
Which might explain the extended bench. I hope he makes it through, would be cruel for him to miss his 100th, but this is the Rebels 2017 - injuries come first, milestones second.

D

daz

Which might explain the extended bench. I hope he makes it through, would be cruel for him to miss his 100th, but this is the Rebels 2017 - injuries come first, milestones second.

Yep. If Mitch does pull up a bit sore, I think Tony should put him on the bench and trot him out with 5 seconds to spare.

Our season is over anyway. and it would be cruel to deprive a huge servant of the club a milestone of this magnitude.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

A couple old Kiwi grandpas taught me the benefits of prams. Both had a six pack of bourbon squirreled away in there at a 2016 match.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
A couple old Kiwi grandpas taught me the benefits of prams. Both had a six pack of bourbon squirreled away in there at a 2016 match.
Wheelchairs seem to work wonders too for priority entry. Prefer not to, mind, but if you can get a benefit from it, so be it.

Reactions: daz

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Yep. If Mitch does pull up a bit sore, I think Tony should put him on the bench and trot him out with 5 seconds to spare.

Our season is over anyway. and it would be cruel to deprive a huge servant of the club a milestone of this magnitude.
If Tony does use your plan you can bet either Sione or English will be unconscious by the 2nd minute :confused:

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Wheelchairs seem to work wonders too for priority entry. Prefer not to, mind, but if you can get a benefit from it, so be it.

Do you use a wheelchair? Maybe we can discuss clever ways to get non-CUB swill into the stands!

Status
Not open for further replies.