• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels V Jaguares - AAMI Park - 14th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Looked like only a couple hundred people turned up to send off the rebels.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Hahaha, you couldn't wait for the reply to have a dig?
Haha yeh I had to. But it looked like only maybe 3000 there ?pretty poor considering it could be their last game ever.

B

BLR

Haha yeh I had to. But it looked like only maybe 3000 there ?pretty poor considering it could be their last game ever.

True, but I will give them an excuse, it was bloody 9 degrees apparently.

I know it is colder there but bloody hell that would turn off a lot of casual fans. The Force has that problem last week affecting the crowd and it wasn't even as cold as that.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yeh but those Melbourne people are used to living in a shit weather joint

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

I'd wager it exceeded the nib average for 2017, even with the mercury in single digits.

Mitch had a great first half. Mafi, Colby and Sean were a great combo; such a shame injury kept them apart. Depth was a major issue. The starting pack held an edge in the scrums (no mean feat) but the finishers were below par.

Looking forward to a ctrl-alt-dlt rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

B

BLR

I'd wager it exceeded the nib average for 2017, even with the mercury in single digits.

False, we can go back to the 14,000 we had a few games ago if you'd like.

Our crowds have been bad but not as bad as the Rebels. It's doesn't matter though. Bad is bad.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

Mitch had a great first half. Mafi, Colby and Sean were a great combo; such a shame injury kept them apart. Depth was a major issue. The starting pack held an edge in the scrums (no mean feat) but the finishers were below par.

Looking forward to a ctrl-alt-dlt rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Yeh nah. We have actually had an increase in crowds unlike the rebels.

Good to see McMahon back

D

daz

Well, the result was predictable but that was a fun night. Post match drinks with fellow GAGR members and the Rebels boys, lots of smiles and enjoyment of the end of a difficult season.

Security finally kicked us out of the Weary Dunlop room around 12:30am. I think it is a fair comment to say that there is still no formal declaration of what the future holds, but you know what? Right now I'm just basking in the glow of a brilliant night with my boys, and I'll worry about tomorrow when I need to.

For what it's worth, which isn't much, I'm very comfortable that I'll be back at AAMI Park to see the Rebels in 2018; of course, that will be a season without Mitch, so part of me wonders if it's even worth it!

GAGR Rebels lads, see you at the Rising games, and don't forget we have a celebration date at TGIF for meat and beers when the formal announcement is made. More to follow.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Well, the result was predictable but that was a fun night. Post match drinks with fellow GAGR members and the Rebels boys, lots of smiles and enjoyment of the end of a difficult season.

Security finally kicked us out of the Weary Dunlop room around 12:30am. I think it is a fair comment to say that there is still no formal declaration of what the future holds, but you know what? Right now I'm just basking in the glow of a brilliant night with my boys, and I'll worry about tomorrow when I need to.

For what it's worth, which isn't much, I'm very comfortable that I'll be back at AAMI Park to see the Rebels in 2018; of course, that will be a season without Mitch, so part of me wonders if it's even worth it!

GAGR Rebels lads, see you at the Rising games, and don't forget we have a celebration date at TGIF for meat and beers when the formal announcement is made. More to follow.
What formal announcement

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Watched the replay it was unfortunate when they were showing vision of the Legends Lap that Nick McArdle described us as "the Force foundation members".

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Watched the replay it was unfortunate when they were showing vision of the Legends Lap that Nick McArdle described us as "the Force foundation members".
Nice of the Force to provide members for our lap! I did enjoy the lap. Pleased to see such a good turnout.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
From the point of view of a 69 year-old Rugby fan, (NSW Country-born person) living in Queensland: I think the Rebels should go, (although I'm happy for them to be amalgamated with The ACT Brumbies).
They really have added nothing to our code.
I think the Western Force should stay, and continue to develop what they have already created!
(I've toured their facilities, and I'm impressed with their staff, their attitude and their commitment).
Sadly given the IQ of many of the ARU directors, who knows what shit-pile we will end up with!!

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
From the point of view of a 69 year-old Rugby fan, (NSW Country-born person) living in Queensland: I think the Rebels should go, (although I'm happy for them to be amalgamated with The ACT Brumbies).
They really have added nothing to our code.
I think the Western Force should stay, and continue to develop what they have already created!
(I've toured their facilities, and I'm impressed with their staff, their attitude and their commitment).
Sadly given the IQ of many of the ARU directors, who knows what shit-pile we will end up with!!
So I assume you also toured the Rebels' facilities and taken into account the extra 5 years the Force have had in development in coming to this conclusion?

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Whispers that Cox sells both the Rebels & TGIs in the next week, due to financial problems. Has run the club atrociously and TGIs is shit, so I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.