• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds RD 4 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Not bitter and twisted, just disappointed. Know we had plenty of ball and opportunities the last two games and didn't make the right decisions at those vital times in attack.

Don't mean any disrespect to the Reds as they are a great team that is still hitting form, hope Genia helps Cooper find that attacking edge that seems to be missing, the Reds where so exciting to watch the last few years and this year are just not living up to that standard of rugby.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Inman was my MOM, just getting the choccies over Higgers.

Were there issues with the Rebels? Hell yes. Until the boys figure out how to take 2 steps into contact without losing the ball, or pass to someone who is actually moving forward at speed, win a higher percentage of attacking line-outs, or gather a re-start at least once a game, they are going to stay in the bottom half of the competition.

agree with MOM comments, i thought robinson had a another solid game too

this is the big difference between the good and the average teams, taking opportunities when they arise. finishing off the higginbotham/fuglistalller break in the first half, jones holding on to the restart in the 2nd half, saffy and rokobaro not dropping the ball in contact, weeks holding on right at the end, JOC (James O'Connor) passing when it was 4 on 2, not going himself. all the little things at crucial times. the coach seems confident it will come, here's hoping sooner than later.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
So you guys think that a Rebel deserves MoM over one of the Reds boys who won quite convincingly? Interesting.... is one way to put it.
I'd say Gill, both Faingaas & Ioane all put forth cases before a member of the losing side. I'd plump for Gill.

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
Not bitter and twisted, just disappointed. Know we had plenty of ball and opportunities the last two games and didn't make the right decisions at those vital times in attack.

Don't mean any disrespect to the Reds as they are a great team that is still hitting form, hope Genia helps Cooper find that attacking edge that seems to be missing, the Reds where so exciting to watch the last few years and this year are just not living up to that standard of rugby.[/quote]

And yet the Reds are 3 from 4 so far without good form and without Horwill and Genia. Exciting times ahead when we finally click eh?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
personally i was talking about the rebels MOM not overall.

gill with 2 crucial turnovers, ioane with his running, a finger and frisby had the most influence on the result

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
Interesting that we are actually starting games well, in our first two season's we where always playing catch up from the first 20 minutes.

Feeling really disappointed going into our bye 1 win 3 loses when it really should be 3 wins 1 lose. We have not been beaten by the Reds and Tahs, we gave it to them.

Oh what crap. Man up and accept that you were beaten by better teams. The Reds controlled that game - never looked like losing it. And of course two Reds tries were bombed over the line. Not to mention that the sole Rebels try resulted from an illegal lineout throw.

D

daz

So you guys think that a Rebel deserves MoM over one of the Reds boys who won quite convincingly? Interesting.. is one way to put it.
I'd say Gill, both Faingaas & Ioane all put forth cases before a member of the losing side. I'd plump for Gill.

No, I was referring to the Rebels BOG/MOM.

There were clearly a handful of lads in Red who would have been in the running for the actual MOM award.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
..it really should be 3 wins 1 lose. We have not been beaten by the Reds and Tahs, we gave it to them.

th_edward-norton-closing-laptop.gif

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
it wasn't the best game to watch but that's because of the ref. he had too be the worst of the year so far.

One thought is Gill. I think he is the best performer in the 7 jumper so far this year.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
And yes, the argument continues unresolved, but anyone who does not think our attack picked up a notch once Stirzaker came on is seriously delusional. Crisp service? I could starch my fucking shirt with that! Bye bye Phipps. Thanks mate, but off you go.
He has the best pass in Australia outside of Cooper. People can keep making the argument that he's only playing 20 minutes, but I don't know what more he needs to do to get a start. His defence isn't quite as good as Phipps' but outside of that every single facet of his game looks better. Helps that he doesn't box kick either.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He has the best pass in Australia outside of Cooper. People can keep making the argument that he's only playing 20 minutes, but I don't know what more he needs to do to get a start. His defence isn't quite as good as Phipps' but outside of that every single facet of his game looks better. Helps that he doesn't box kick either.
Did you see him get run over by Scott Sio last week?

something

Jim Clark (26)
but anyone who does not think our attack picked up a notch once Stirzaker came on is seriously delusional. Crisp service? I could starch my fucking shirt with that! Bye bye Phipps. Thanks mate, but off you go.

And the young kids have such enthusiasm! It really is fun to watch.

AUS rugby has a lot of young talent right now, it is really exciting - there is so many young 20somethings on the scene making an impact - apart from the obvious future super stars (need i name?) i think there is a plethora of half back's off the bench who are unreal - tahs have matt lucas (who i rate over mckibbon, he has better decision making but isn't getting enough minutes)
reds have frisby who is such an aggressive halfback (and utility back) and will be really dangerous for the reds off the bench when genia gets back.
& rebs have stirzaker who is probably my favourite of the bunch, just so clean & really quick, a joy to watch!

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Did you see him get run over by Scott Sio last week?
Scott Sio is an absolute beast in fairness, and Stirzaker looks like he weighs about 40kg wringing wet. Wasn't quite as bad as Dagg getting absolutely molested by Savea the other day, mind. Stirzaker's upsides are far greater than anything you lose with some shaky defence. And it's worth remembering that Phipps led, or wasn't far off, the missed tackle count for last year - it's not like the Rebels are used to having someone like Mike Phillips starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.