• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds RD 4 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Really hope the Rebels can put a 80 minute performance together for the first time this season, has been some really good signs but just need that good all round performance before South Africa.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Is Big Kev a starter for this match? And will Kurtley Beale also play with his troublesome shoulder?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
''I'll have a look during the week at my individual performance, but all I'm thinking about at the moment is moving forward with our team and fixing those little things and playing a full 80 minutes against the Reds,'' O'Connor said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...time-hoodoo-20130302-2fd38.html#ixzz2MW5Wu4Yy

There is something wrong here that I can't quite put my finger on. It is like he says he plays for the team but he thinks of himself first?? Then again maybe the quote is wrong.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There is something wrong here that I can't quite put my finger on.
I agree. Something doesn't sound quite right. To me it sounds like he thinks he was probably pretty good on the night, it was actually the team that was to blame. It could also be simply that he's gone from the "Player's Post Match Interview Cliche Compendium" to the "Captains Post Match Interview Cliche Compendium" and the transition hasn't quite been as smooth as he'd like.
Then again the quote could just be wrong too!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think the quote is fine. He wants to focus on the team at the moment, straight after the match, and will review his individual performance during the week. It is exactly the way it should be for all professional players. Problem is everything JOC (James O'Connor) says he manages to make sound like he's a pretentiousness little twat.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
My Reds team for the weekend would be

1. Greg Holmes
2. Saia Fainga'a
3. James Slipper
4. Rob Simmons
5. Ed O’Donoghue
6. Eddie Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Ben Lucas
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. Ben Tapuai (vc)
13. Chris Feauai-Sautia
14. Dom Shipperley
15. Luke Morahan

16. James Hanson
17. Albert Anae
18. Adam Wallace-Harrison
19. Radike Samo
20. Nick Frisby
21. Mike Harris
22. Aidan Toua

If Ant is back he would take Toua's spot on the bench.
I really hope that Lucas is ok to play as Frisby worries me and Meehan is untested at this level.

Reactions: BDA

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Looks good. Is it confirmed Horwill and Fainga'a aren't back?

Ben Lucas is still in doubt as well and Nigel Genia his likely replacement.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The Rebels will find it tough without Beale. O'Connor looks in good form though

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
How does Genia Jnr get in front of Meehan? I am worried if Nigel is our 9 (but in saying that I haven't seen him play for a while).

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Impressive young lad but big step up . Reds should win quite easily at 80 but Rebels are now a real bogey team. Anything can happen. reds just need to be uncompromising and keep pressure on for the full 80. Am really looking forward to the match-up between Holmes, Finger,Slipper,Simmo, O'Dono, Quirk, Gill, Shatz against Higgers. Think Higgers will be as motivated as he ever has been to pull out a big one.

Reds by 12

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
How does Genia Jnr get in front of Meehan? I am worried if Nigel is our 9 (but in saying that I haven't seen him play for a while).

Meehan is injured anyway - Nigel started and Sam Grasso was called on to the bench for QLD A v Tonga on Saturday

kronic

John Solomon (38)
15. Angus Roberts*
14. Richard Kingi
13. Mitch Inman
12. Lachlan Mitchell
11. Alex Rokobaro
10. James O'Connor (c)
9. Nick Phipps
8. Scott Higginbotham
7. Scott Fuglistaller
6. Luke Jones
5. Cadeyrn Neville
4. Hugh Pyle
3. Laurie Weeks
2. Ged Robinson (vc)
1. Nic Henderson

16. Shota Horie
17. Paul Alo-Emile
18. Jordy Reid
19. Jarrod Saffy
20. Nic Stirzaker
21. Rory Sidey
22. Tom English

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Glad to see Sidey on the bench and Roberts and Rokobaro getting a go. Not to sure about having two centers on the bench instead of someone to cover the back 3.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Still don't really rate Mitchell. He's a tryer and whole hearted player, but sadly doesn't seem to be S15 quality.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
They want a crowd. If you're in Melbourne, there's no excuse.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-snc6/225534_10151342564088181_603332008_n.jpg

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That's a great deal - hope they get a huge crowd! These sorts of initiatives are what the game needs. Like I think the Brumbies were doing last year, practically giving away tickets to Canberra Uni students etc. What is the Melbourne Mana by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.