• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds RD 4 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
According to FoxSprots, O'Conner to 10 and Roberts to fullback. Which leaves Kingi on the wing I guess.

Melbourne Rebels stand-in captain James O'Connor has been switched to five-eighth in place of the injured Kurtley Beale for Friday's Super Rugby clash against the Queensland Reds.
With O'Connor taking over the playmaker role from Beale, who has a broken hand, uncapped utility Angus Roberts gets his chance at fullback for the Rebels in the match at AAMI Park.

Full article here: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...le/story-e6frf4qu-1226590840674#ixzz2Mdz4VB5M

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
What's up with Delve? He was rested for a week and hasn't come back this week. Has JOC (James O'Connor) vetoed his return?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Or Ian Prior. He's still wasting away on the bench at the Brumbies. Coulda stayed home & done that & have his chance now!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Or Kingi, or McKibbon, or Swanepoel. But that's just life in rugby these days. Players go where the opportunity is. If Genia and Lucas were both fit then there wouldn't be an opportunity for someone else.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Or Kingi, or McKibbon, or Swanepoel. But that's just life in rugby these days. Players go where the opportunity is. If Genia and Lucas were both fit then there wouldn't be an opportunity for someone else.

Deep, meaningful, and physiological - the moving hand writes, and having writ, moves on.......

something

Jim Clark (26)
I dont know if anybody has mentioned this but it looks like Ant will be back for this game... i reckon he will be coming off the bench

Reactions: BDA

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I dont know if anybody has mentioned this but it looks like Ant will be back for this game. i reckon he will be coming off the bench

I'd be expecting the same side that took the Hurricanes to be playing. The only changes I can see happening is Morahan on for Toua. Ideally I'd prefer Hanson to start of Saia as well.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Reds were first team named the last 2 weeks and now back to taking there time. Hopefully it is just to give Horwill every chance to prove he is fit.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Horwill has been out for the best part of 12 months - hope he returns next week with Genia a week or two later - those 2 will really add to the team

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
This is a Grand Final for the Rebels, lose and we're up against it in 2013. We are throwing everything behind filling the stadium tomorrow night to bring home 4 5 points.

Rebels members, help the Rebel Army cheer the boys on and we'll let you bring a mate for free.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash3/578431_10151344656653181_153890389_n.png

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Reds named. Ant back, Lance and Frisby into starting side, no Morahan in 22.
St.George Queensland Reds team to play Melbourne Rebels
1. Greg Holmes
2. Saia Fainga'a
3. James Slipper (c)
4. Ed O'Donoghue
5. Rob Simmons
6. Eddie Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Nick Frisby
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Anthony Fainga'a
14. Dom Shipperley
15. Jono Lance
16. James Hanson
17. Albert Anae
18. Adam Wallace-Harrison
19. Radike Samo
20. Ben Lucas
21. Mike Harris
22. Chris Feauai-Sautia

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Reds named. Ant back, Lance and Frisby into starting side, no Morahan in 22.

9 and 15 aside that's a strong looking team. I'm a bit baffled how Morahan is out of the 22, I thought he did really well when he came on last week.

I'm not sure the rebs can do it without Beale and Delve but if they play well enough in parts like last week it shouldn't be a cricket score at least.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It says something about the depth of the reds when every player on their bench would probably be in the rebels starting side.

Doesn't mean anything once they run out of the field though. I expect this to be a close one. Hope melbourne can pull a good crowd. I know digby is always an attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.