• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds Rd 8 Good Friday 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Kamichael came on with 12 minutes to go with 14 men on the pitch.

Give the man atleast ONE-FULL game in his position before the ludicrous comments come out.

While his touches tonight were poor, what would he have honestly needed to do to get a warm reception from the poppy-cutters? A length of the field Mortlock intercept? From full-back no less?

Yes, he is on alot of money. Get over it.

I thought Hunt used the product of Coca, not poppy?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
IMO Jordy Reid was ripped off

In a night of very poor decision making by the referee, this was the worst.

He was almost in line with the incident in real time and not only allowed play to continue, but didn't even ask the TMO to consider it until Slipper approached him during the TMO checking the grounding. All O'Brien asked the TMO to do was to check the grounding.

The AR was dead in line with it and said nothing either.

The TMO thought that the video was inconclusive at best and as he was trying to explain himself, O'Brien cut him off and said something like "from what I've seen on the scoreboard I think it's a forward pass and I'm going to go with that."

The replay clearly showed that the ball was passed backwards from the hands and drifted forward in accordance with the laws of physics.

A bizarre call.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
I wonder if the Chieka camp early in the week had anything to do with Horwill's actions. I wouldn't be surprised if he's telling potential Wallaby Locks "we want to see more aggression". If that's what Kev brings to the table when the coach asks for aggression, it's time for him to move on from the national team unfortunately.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I wonder if the Chieka camp early in the week had anything to do with Horwill's actions. I wouldn't be surprised if he's telling potential Wallaby Locks "we want to see more aggression". If that's what Kev brings to the table when the coach asks for aggression, it's time for him to move on from the national team unfortunately.

Or he's be told that he is slipping right down the pecking order and he took some ill-conceived initiative to harden up. Regardless it was a dumb act and he'l be enjoying the stands for at least a week.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Huh?
Everyone knows Cheika wants to see bodies blasting other bodies off the ball.
Dog shots have not been a characteristic of the Cheika coached Tahs team.
Suggesting that a former Wallaby captain did what he did in an attempt to impress Cheika is just plain wrong.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Regarding the comments about Genia pushing Stirzaker and it warranting a penalty, I agree he is playing a man without the ball but doesn't Stirzaker have to stay behind the ball, lest he is offside? He generally wasn't which is why Genia was pushing him.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Regarding the comments about Genia pushing Stirzaker and it warranting a penalty, I agree he is playing a man without the ball but doesn't Stirzaker have to stay behind the ball, lest he is offside? He generally wasn't which is why Genia was pushing him.

Perhaps on some occasions, but that's a matter for the referee and the AR to deal with, not for Genia. The more serious infringement of the 2 is the pushing rather than the offside.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Huh?
Everyone knows Cheika wants to see bodies blasting other bodies off the ball.
Dog shots have not been a characteristic of the Cheika coached Tahs team.
Suggesting that a former Wallaby captain did what he did in an attempt to impress Cheika is just plain wrong.

Uhh, I think that's what they were getting at. Of course Cheika isn't going to tell anyone to play dirty and take cheap shots. However, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Cheika wanted to see more aggression in his locks, so they do effectively blow players off the ball.

The argument is that Horwill mistook 'aggression' for 'thuggery', and has earned himself a stint on the sidelines for it.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Perhaps on some occasions, but that's a matter for the referee and the AR to deal with, not for Genia. The more serious infringement of the 2 is the pushing rather than the offside.
I disagree. Stirzaker was also guilty of obstruction. In almost every instance of obstruction, where the obstructor is tackled, no one ever complains of the tackle being taking the man without the ball.
In terms of seriousness, if we are placing a shove higher on the scale than offside then I think we're in trouble. It's not like Genia Horwilled him.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Uhh, I think that's what they were getting at. Of course Cheika isn't going to tell anyone to play dirty and take cheap shots. However, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Cheika wanted to see more aggression in his locks, so they do effectively blow players off the ball.

The argument is that Horwill mistook 'aggression' for 'thuggery', and has earned himself a stint on the sidelines for it.
Because Horwill is so inexperienced that he cannot differentiate between the two? Stretching. A lot.

B

Bobby Sands

The discussion was about value for money. Not about whether he deserves a better chance to do his job. If you think the Reds have gotten their money's worth from him so far this year, you probably thought RG was right last week when he said they could make the semis.

There is nothing "ludicrous" about saying they haven't gotten their money's worth from him - even he'd tell you that.

Where do you hard-luck Harry's come from?

The world's unfair. We want a fair go. Bang for buck.

The bloke has barely had a chance to play, what do you honestly expect from him?

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
He wasn't really afforded the chance. Frisby should have gone to the wing and JOC (James O'Connor) to 10 being the more experienced player when Quade left the field.

Surely JOC (James O'Connor) to 10, KHunt to 15 and Turner to wing? Thinking that Frisby would do better at 10 than JOC (James O'Connor) is right up there with thinking the Reds have any hope of playing in the finals. Deluded and stupid.

Fortunately for the Reds, Gill pulled his finger out at the breakdown and their 7 man scrum held the Rebels 8 or it would have been a greasless reaming.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Where do you hard-luck Harry's come from?

The world's unfair. We want a fair go. Bang for buck.

The bloke has barely had a chance to play, what do you honestly expect from him?

Again..... No-one said anything about his playing ability. Irrespective of how much he's played, whether that's his fault or whether aliens have abducted him, how much he will play and whether he will personally score five tries a match from here on out.

A simple statement was made that they haven't gotten value for money. They haven't. It's simple economics. I, for one, hope that changes and we see the value.

There's no need to get upset. There are a lot of good players they haven't seen value from.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Does anyone have a replacement for Horwill? Preferably someone still young. Man it would be good to get Douglas, as unlikely as it is.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
There was a rumour that the reds are chasing Neville, his form is down atm but a move may be what he needs.

B

Bobby Sands

Again... No-one said anything about his playing ability. Irrespective of how much he's played, whether that's his fault or whether aliens have abducted him, how much he will play and whether he will personally score five tries a match from here on out.

A simple statement was made that they haven't gotten value for money. They haven't. It's simple economics. I, for one, hope that changes and we see the value.

There's no need to get upset. There are a lot of good players they haven't seen value from.

But, it is all too familiar that the highest paid attract the most poppy-cutters is it not?

Not getting upset, I just don't understand the mindset.

His minutes have been so small, I can't even see how his performance is worth commenting on so far. Let along whinging about his value. He will start next week. Let us continue this discussion then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom