• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds, Sat 13 May @ 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
Yeah, was right in his bread basket too.

That effort from Hodge to nearly hold up Kerevi was huge.

Quade has 2 minutes to take the kick, surely he just waits it out, but he takes it 25 seconds early and misses.

Is it 90 secs now or is that just NRC?

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
After almost snatching defeat from the jaws of victory we somehow come up with the win...

Well done Reds!!!

Reactions: Ash

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
Frisby boots it into touch, and Reds win the Aus Derby Cripple Fight (tm).

Sad thing is, neither of these teams were good enough to deserve a victory in Super Rugby tonight.

This year is depressing.

Fuck there are a lot of depressing people in this forum- that was an entertaining game of football. Both teams played with attacking intent and there was passion involved- one of the better Aussie derbies this year.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Fuck there are a lot of depressing people in this forum- that was an entertaining game of football. Both teams played with attacking intent and there was passion involved- one of the better Aussie derbies this year.

I feel like I'm watching a different channel to all of these other guys. That was good. More games like that in the future and the sport will be in a much better place

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
I feel like I'm watching a different channel to all of these other guys. That was good. More games like that in the future and the sport will be in a much better place

100% - I was a completely neutral spectator but that game was enthralling. Yes there were mistakes and missed tackles but that's what happens with fatigue and when teams are willing to use the football.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
That was a bloody awful game from both sides. Endless succession of penalties, dropped balls, passes to nobody, forward passes and bombed tries.

And the Reds are now only 3 points away from top of the conference. Boggles the mind!

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That was a bloody awful game from both sides. Endless succession of penalties, dropped balls, passes to nobody, forward passes and bombed tries.

And the Reds are now only 3 points away from top of the conference. Boggles the mind!

God I'm laughing at the thought of getting into the finals despite losing 10 games.

I vote we start chanting this if that happens:

N

NTT

I thought it was a good game of rugby. I think the right team won, the Reds scored more tries and it went down to the wire. Volavola looked a lot better for the Rebels. Good to see McMahon back. Lukhan Tui, Smith and Higgers were great for the Reds. Kerevi best on ground.

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)

Did you like the Saders v Canes game???

23 penalties & 1 try vs our 20 penalties & 7 trys.....

Close game is a close game & the arm wrestle creates the mistakes.

We should have been further ahead & I was swearing at some of our decision making but still think it was one entertaining game

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
What the devil - I thought that was a great game of rugby. Lots of intent and passion as previously mentioned.

As per usual, I don't have much profound to say, but will cover what's already been said:

+ Mafi. What a player, although he's pushing the refs further and further each week. Perhaps time to tone it down.

+ Sinclair and Miller look at home in Super Rugby. They do the basics very, very well. The product of Cron's coaching perhaps?

+ Sean McMahon with a barnstorming return to footy. Makes metres with every carry.

+ Koroibete is rusty as hell (as shown by that wayward kick that let in a try) but he oozes raw talent. Really dangerous with ball in hand and a fantastic defender.

+ I think English looks at home at 13, and Hodge likewise at home at 15.

+ Ben who? Volavola was on the field? Same could be said about Quade. Perhaps they both agreed to play without number 10s tonight.

+ Higgers and Kerevi snuck the Reds over tonight. Great performances as per usual from them, but fuck me Higgers you've got to catch kicks like that when you're over the tryline.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
That was frustrating but the Reds deserved the win.

It is there but not put into a complete package. That is the frustration that is the Reds.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Entertaining but in the end disappointing as a Rebels fan. Both sides tried very hard, skill levels left a lot to be desired, Reds did deserve to win, they suck just a little less than the Rebels. Rebels ability to give up soft tries never ceases to amaze, the Koroibete kick WTF! Reds really won because of QC (Quade Cooper) and Kerevi and Higgers. Volavols did a couple of nice things in the second half but he is easily the worst super player ive seen. When nabuli scored in the first half he was jogging to stay as far away from the action as possible. Rebels really need to tell TT to piss off and just toss the ball about, couldnt do any worse

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Fuck - slide me a baguette and call me Nostradamus because I nailed this
Reds and rebels to put on the game of the round, score 7 tries between them, with Rebs keeping in touch through penalties. Reds to seal it with Higginbotham scoring a try at the death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fkn Higginbotham just needed to catch the soap.

I don't know if it's the drinks talking but I frothed that game thoroughly. Tries a plenty and down to the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.