• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

REBELS v STORMERS RD 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
Stirzaker showing poise early in the game; he's got that ball on a string. Looks like a try to Higgers; geez he's matured in the last 3-4 games.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
Stormers hit straight back under the sticks. 10-7 to the Rebels. Fairly soft try there, Rebels will be disappointed with that.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Both teams showing intent to play early. Hopefully Rebels can defend for the full 80 because they are looking very good on attack

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
Both teams showing intent to play early. Hopefully Rebels can defend for the full 80 because they are looking very good on attack

Yeah looks like being a good game. I must say that de Jongh and Aplon have looked like the only Stormers able to make line breaks in the past few weeks and nothing appears to have changed so far tonight.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
The Rebels' defensive coach needs a bloody kick up the arse. If the Rebels could work out their back line defence they would be a much better team.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Neville was unlucky I thought. I guess his knee was on the ground before he dived forward.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
Neville was unlucky I thought. I guess his knee was on the ground before he dived forward.

From the limited replays they showed I tend to agree. It looked to me that he wasn't really held. Any double movement rule only applies once a player has been held and he looked to be moving pretty freely. I suppose the ref had a much better vantage than us.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
What's the rule on what Woodward tried to do there? For my mind, that should be play on; it's entirely on the defensive team to be alert when penalties are being kicked.

madflyhalf

Stan Wickham (3)
Rules say he must make a genuine attempt at goal.
I think should have been awarded a penalty to the Stormers

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
What's the rule on what Woodward tried to do there? For my mind, that should be play on; it's entirely on the defensive team to be alert when penalties are being kicked.
Once you point at the posts you must attempt to kick the goal.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I have heard the ref warn Quade once when we were up by 1 in the 80th minute with a penalty about 45 out. Before Quade kicked it the ref warned him that he was obliged to have a genuine attempt at goal. Ie can't just kick it out to end the game and must actually go for the posts and risk hitting them - which he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.