• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

REBELS v STORMERS RD 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Oh my God, same Aussie video ref that had a blatant shocker in the Chiefs-Rebels match has done it again.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
the correct call! he had a try scoring opportunity and was denied by foul play.
27 - 21 to the rebels

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Right call. If Higgenbotham is given benefit of the doubt, Phipps is so close behind Habana that without being impeding, he would have the try.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm rooting for the Rebels, of course, but that call was just plain wrong. Higginbotham knocked the ball on in teh tackle, then that little tug of the jersey in no way warrants a penalty try. And a YC to boot? Just terrible. The Rebels and their TMOs, eh.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Penalty try.

Absolute rubbish.

No way that was conclusive.

That's a home town decision if EVER I've seen one.

Doesn't need to be. There's no way you can ever say 100% a try would have been scored in any situation.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bryan Habana.........

The most obvious player to give away a penalty in that situation..........

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Right call. If Higgenbotham is given benefit of the doubt, Phipps is so close behind Habana that without being impeding, he would have the try.

Would he? How can you say that? A hairs breath in it. Not enough conclusive proof.

Terrible decision.

But the Stormers only have themselves to blame. All that field position and ball and they can't put it away. Coetzee now surely has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.