1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Waratahs Round 2 - 2012R02 - Dunlop Shield III

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by FiveStarStu, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Newter Alfred Walker (16)

Just back from the Mardi Gras, Lindommer?
  2. matty_k Ken Catchpole (46)

Please tell me you are a comedy genius and did this deliberately.

Or can we get a second opinion from Cyclo?
    suckerforred and BPC like this.
  3. spooony Ron Walden (29)

And the no 9 position is very important in Australian rugby as it is the Pivot position for you guys where NZ teams the pivot is the 10. So not any scrum half can go over and fit in straight away. I think he needs time to adapt a bit
  4. cyclopath John Eales (66)

You can have a second opinion - yes, he did this deliberately.
  5. Lee Grant Nick Farr-Jones (63)

He's not a sprinter but he's fast enough in most company. It's beside the point though - he's the fastest fit Tah available, since Horne has lost speed and Pretorius is needed elsewhere, and I'd back him against AAC any day.

Would like to see him play his best position, outside centre, some day; that's where he will make his mark. However, playing anywhere in Super Rugby at his present age will serve him very well later on.
  6. Lindommer John Hipwell (52)

ME at the Mardi Gras? Turn it up, N.

PS. What happened to WBY? I'm a devout admirer of the great man.
  7. BPC Phil Hardcastle (33)

I assume you mean that, like Hugh, he will be held together with sticky tape after a while?
  8. Lee Grant Nick Farr-Jones (63)

There's no disagreement: I was just talking about the length and accuracy of his pass. The best guy to watch for young scrummies with his kind of pass is probably Peter Stringer, the ex-Munster and Ireland scrummie, whose pass had minimal preparation as well as being long and accurate despite it being round-arm sometimes.
  9. Slim 293 David Codey (61)

Byrnes has been cited for eye gouging Carter.

If he's found guilty I doubt we'll see him for a while.
  10. wamberal Ken Catchpole (46)

I hope he gets rubbed out for the season, and I really hope that his contract allows for him to be docked his pay during suspensions. He has been a thug his whole playing career, long on dirt and short on genuine ability.

Good riddance.
  11. Newter Alfred Walker (16)

Ah, never mind.

WB has been given a spell to chase women and worry about the fatherland. This corner of the web needs simpler, more direct types.
  12. Ruggo Paul McLean (56)

I'm a bit bias Lee but I would also say that Kerr-Barlow has a beautiful pass and is very efficient at the base of the ruck.
  13. Dumbledore Arch Winning (36)

I didn't rate Phipps' game at all to be honest, he's got nowhere near as good a pass as Stirzaker for one and he doesn't offer as much around the park as Kingi. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he gets overtaken towards the end of the season.

If you want to see a proper passing scrumhalf, Aaron Smith of the Highlanders is the best I've seen for a while.
  14. MrTimms Ken Catchpole (46)

Adam Byrnes gone for ten weeks.

Tapatalked from my phone
  15. redstragic Vay Wilson (31)

Jeebus, What sought of lock stocks do the Rebs have to over Byrnes stupidity.
  16. mark_s Dick Tooth (41)

I didn't think there was much in it from what I saw. Is there any other footage?
  17. FiveStarStu Cyril Towers (30)

Much in it or not, the minimum sentence for contact with the eye is 12 weeks. If he were to be found guilty, I was surprised that he could get it reduced.

A terrible shame for a ripper bloke, but if SANZAR have got enough evidence to charge him, then it's deserved. Unacceptable behaviour.

I'd think Pyle and Campbell will take the job now, King should be due back in the team soon as well.
    suckerforred likes this.
  18. Sir Arthur Higgins Arch Winning (36)

i haven't seen king in the locks, but i wouldn't think, at first blush, that we lose much. campbell is solid, but probably not a full gamer. king aside, jones can play lock and even chamberlain.

agree re phipps. he looked off. don't think danny's form helped him though.
  19. suckerforred Desmond Connor (43)

Wow. I didn't think that there was much in it but them's the rules.

Other thoughts:

Pass from Sarel to set up TC's first try was sweet. He should have been tackled, but the pass was sweet.
    Inman - strong. Wonder if he is dirty at his brother.
    Rebs did show some good work in the first 20 mins, and then again in the 2nd half off and on. Need to make them tackles though.
    TC was the one chatting at the Tahs huddles. Hadn't noticed that before, but that might be just because the camera hadn't shown it before.
    Foley - B that is. I think the standout from the Tahs
    Good to see Benn & TPN without knee strapping.
    Palu - looks good. But cqame out at half time with knee strapped and finished with ice on both. Indication?
    Swisse - please get some uptodate footage of JOC at training for the rebs. The casual clothes just look far to Oxford Street.
    Frier - has played 92 Super games and 13 seasons. Wow. He had every right to look tired when he came off.
    Bryce - Actually think he did not a bad job Liked his "You have just come on, you can just go off" warning to L Tamani.
    Jono Jenkins - looks like superman.
    Delve must have had JOC in his fantsay team, or is it the NH influence.
    AAC - looks good on the wing. Think he will play well there if he is given a roving commission like Diggers for the Reds. Having said that he has been a bit flat for the last couple of games.
    Dennis - workman like all night.
    Fitzpatrick - hmmmm will be out for a while I expect.

I think that is about all in addition to my prior comments. Tell me to shut up if you are all sick of it.
  20. FiveStarStu Cyril Towers (30)

King's been absent since going off KO'd in the Chiefs game. Should be a good way for him to get some game time.