• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Brumbies, Friday 9 March AAMI Park, 7.30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
With the Wallaby laden backline the Brumbies have I expected more from them. I missed the first half due to junior rugby training but in the 2nd half I barely sighted TK and apart from Speight's strong carry to get over the line he didn't look impressive. Muirhead looked strong though - I'm not familiar with him, what's his history?

Ah Nelic; the irony! Ex Kiwi who went north looking for opportunity. Played with Souths in QLD in 2015 (IIRC won Premiership). NRC performances opened the door to the Brumbies squad where he has impressed but stuck behind the non-performing names and reputations.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Did Larkham know something about the Brums future?
Personnel not all that different, if anything you might think they’re better.
Kuridrani continues to underplay in super.
Lilo not on song.
Godwin was a false dawn all those moons ago, his hand are poor.
Not sure Pocock will be enough but he might at least overcome the anonymity of their back row.
Dark days I fear.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Well, I got that result totally wrong! Haven’t watched the game but it appears that the Brumbies have a bit of fixing to do.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Did Larkham know something about the Brums future?
Personnel not all that different, if anything you might think they’re better.
Kuridrani continues to underplay in super.
Lilo not on song.
Godwin was a false dawn all those moons ago, his hand are poor.
Not sure Pocock will be enough but he might at least overcome the anonymity of their back row.
Dark days I fear.

Quite amazed how static the ponies backs are, sweet f*ck all movement off the ball. No lines run, no second lines, no dummy lines, no movement at all.

They appear to have continued to only practiced passing to the winger with the idea of going around sides - which was worked on few occasions over the last couple of years.

The only time that say the blindside winger runs a line around Lilo is when he is going to crash ball.

Agree on Godwin, I will paraphrase a description I have heard elsewhere. He is a full stop in a backline

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well as a neutral,I enjoyed game. Rebels really are looking q good team that is well coached and well worth watching. Good luck to them and all their fans, I hope you all get out there and support them, try and take some mates with you, they will attract a bit of support from new people to the game if they keep it up (apart fromMafi's carry on).
I said last week after watching the Reds/Brumbies game I thought the Brumbies were poor and still do, absolutely no imagination on attack, to play 15 man rugby is more than all just lumbering along shovelling the ball onto next player without creating doubt in the opposition's mind!
Anyway after that game Rebels are confirmed as a team I will happily support in my list of outside NZ teams!

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah I enjoyed it too once it got going.

Brums are even stuffing up their rolling mauls these days which really leaves them with very few weapons. Might be a long season

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
My two cents worth
- brumbies brought the rough stuff and the rebs took it to them
- marto says the game has no intensity ,,, tool
- lilo will have nightmares about mafi running at him all night, did you see his head at the end of the game ,, what a mess and he had a head gear on
- brumbies looked stuffed just before half time , need some conditioning rebs looked much fitter
- smart try by mafi against the post , you have to admit he puts on a good show
- have not seen replay but was it Hodges first try ? From a turn over in mid filed , fantastic rugby great team try , it was about the 32 minute
Go rebs

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Yeah I enjoyed it too once it got going.

Brums are even stuffing up their rolling mauls these days which really leaves them with very few weapons. Might be a long season

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bring back Jake White!!!! And Pocock, of course.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Just finished watching the game again.

JD defense was impressive, think he has improved each game so far.

Thought Timani had a good game.

TK was dreadful, would have English in gold ahead of him at the moment.

Still not an 80 minute performance but great to come away with 5 points.

Also don't understand both teams not taking the 3 points on offer while the scores were tight, scoreboard pressure is the best pressure.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Also don't understand both teams not taking the 3 points on offer while the scores were tight, scoreboard pressure is the best pressure.

Though that was strange as well, finally when the Rebels do decide to go for the 3 points its when they are 50m out..

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Rebs took it to the Brumbies across the park and the Brums folded.

Sio's return was OK at scrum time but he was pedestrian around the park.
Alan A always impresses me with his workload and doesn't shirk the tough stuff.

TK was poor.

Rebs just brought intensity to the match - great to see.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Not to mention the shoulder to the head of Sam Carter

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I'm happy to report that whilst Sam Carter failed a 'concussion test' when he went off, (at around the 15 minute mark), by the end of the match he had passed that test! Sam is now in what is called a "process of return to play", and the next decision on his condition/welfare, will be made on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.