• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Force, Round 10, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Force rumble a maul 40meters mostly sideways. Someone yellow carded from the rebels, after 80 min
Still struggling to get over the line.
Badger scores, should mean a bonus point for the Force.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Shocking reffing at maul time, it was stopped, sideways or backwards at least 4 times. But the Force take full advantage.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gel

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
A bridge too far this week for the boys obviously. Jeez a bye would have been handy, but that's what building depth is all about. Well played Rebs.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Pathetic play from the force to many injuries and they looked tired.

Rebels congrats in the win you earned that one.

Thought the ref was ok but it seemed like 2 sets of rules at ruck time Hodgo blowed out of the match and not rewarded when he should have been.

Good to get the bonus point at the end no doubt it will come in handy.

What could have been 1st was left out there on the field and they should be really disappointed with that match they had there chances.

Prior is a plant who can't pass we need Alby back ASAP.

We need to delete delit he is not a winger.

Scrum was crap but again it was a lottery plenty of times it went down and looked like it was the rebels but he called a reset then when the force rightly went done he was quick to call the pen.

Oh well 5 in a row still a happy force fan but we will need to find some more attacking ability if we are to push deep onto the season.

Bring on the bulls at the force field next week hopefully they can get up against the tahs so we stay in second but get bashed in the process.

M

Moono75

Pathetic play from the force to many injuries and they looked tired.

Rebels congrats in the win you earned that one.

Thought the ref was ok but it seemed like 2 sets of rules at ruck time Hodgo blowed out of the match and not rewarded when he should have been.

Good to get the bonus point at the end no doubt it will come in handy.

What could have been 1st was left out there on the field and they should be really disappointed with that match they had there chances.

Prior is a plant who can't pass we need Alby back ASAP.

We need to delete delit he is not a winger.

Scrum was crap but again it was a lottery plenty of times it went down and looked like it was the rebels but he called a reset then when the force rightly went done he was quick to call the pen.

Oh well 5 in a row still a happy force fan but we will need to find some more attacking ability if we are to push deep onto the season.

Bring on the bulls at the force field next week hopefully they can get up against the tahs so we stay in second but get bashed in the process.

Opportunity was there but didn't execute the mongrel. Absolutlely need to be ruthless with these chances to take top position. Play of Alby missed. Turner needed a chance.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Firstly my condolences to Jayden Hayward and his wife for the loss of their baby. If you do read GAGR, keep the faith bro.

Thought it was a pretty decent game. Some of the past fixtures between these two teams have been pretty dire, but what a difference it makes when both sides are in pretty good form and playing some attractive rugby.

Thought the Japanese hooker that started the game was excellent in the 1st half. Was into everything and his ball carrying was very effective in getting the go forward for the Rebels.

Stirzaker did okay IMO. Obviously the Rebels coaching staff like Burgess closing the game out with his experience and superior defence. But Stirzaker whilst he has some work ons, he is showing promise.

Jones another superb all round game. Inman showed what he was being rated for some years ago, as a big ball carrying midfielder that drags a couple of defenders with him. Now he's doing that far more consistently.

Well done Rebels.

Reactions: BPC

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
uhh Ref was so shit.. bloody hell. New tactic " jump into tackles" Jesus christ. ohh well The streak had to end but why to the Rebels jeez there're one dimensional. Luckily they had the Ref on there side today. However I did predict this one. Also Sharpe was a dick today, He isn't as bias as Marto which is sad for us

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Ref was a bit of a lottery, but our scrum was the better.

In terms of Hodgeson, the refs were 100% right. They saw something wrong with the way he was attacking the breakdown, but didn't change. The law is subject to interpretation, and he didn't play to the refs.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
uhh Ref was so shit.. bloody hell. New tactic " jump into tackles" Jesus christ. ohh well The streak had to end but why to the Rebels jeez there're one dimensional. Luckily they had the Ref on there side today. However I did predict this one. Also Sharpe was a dick today, He isn't as bias as Marto which is sad for us

Force fan calling the Rebels one-dimensional..

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Woot! A solid win by the rebels, Tony McGahan's coaching producing the chokkies.

8NrK7hy.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tahs 16 force 28!

Sorry mate, I know it hurt

It did but not relevant. The Force don't have an attack, their game plan is to defend all game and feed off mistakes. Not saying it's a poor one, it's clearly been working but you are the one-dimensional team - not the Rebels.

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
When you have key players out, it's hard to put a good attack together, We used the defence gameplan on the the Waratahs because it works, Simple as that. We can attack e.g Our 1st rebels game, Highlanders game, Reds game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't know how the Waratahs are relevant to this thread, plus I don't know you think I don't know that? It's hard to deny when you compare the Waratahs points scored with and without Folau. It doesn't change the fact I was commenting on the Force's lack of attack without Matthewson.

Status
Not open for further replies.