• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I didn't think we liked it when clubs wouldn't release players for international duties?

Wouldn't pick Kemp if he paid for the privileged . Toua will do me. They seem to be leaving him out so they don't have to upgrade his contract, well that's my opinion on what is going on. He is such a great talent I would hate to see him go somewhere else.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Toua will do me. They seem to be leaving him out so they don't have to upgrade his contract, well that's my opinion on what is going on. He is such a great talent I would hate to see him go somewhere else.

Don't get me started on Toua! So much freakish talent that seems to be going to waste. But I think it was only half way through the club season last year he got his sh*t together, cause he'd been in and out of the Reds for many reasons apparently.

red army

Bob McCowan (2)
Ive heard little whispers that the force and rebels have been in contact with toua. Would be a damn shame if he left but he deserves to play super rugby and those teams are probably more of a chance to give him game time. Although i believe he should be the reds 15. Apparently he has been slicing up at club with 8 tries in 4 games.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Wouldn't be surprised if the Brumbies wanted him also, nor the Tahs who are losing KB (Kurtley Beale).

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Don't exactly see the Rebels need for another outside back, myself. Force makes sense, as would the Brumbies, as both are short class outside backs.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Don't exactly see the Rebels need for another outside back, myself. Force makes sense, as would the Brumbies, as both are short class outside backs.

Agree on the Rebels. They, like other Super teams, are one good flyhalf away from being very dangerous.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
The rebels need a few younger players to start coming through in the next few years. I think the signing of Mitch Inman is a good one, and if they can grab Toua and maybe another younger back they'll be strong. Players like Lachie Mitchell and Luke Rooney are not doing anything really, hence the need for some new outside backs

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The Rebels need a flyhalf as DPK says, but they also need more speed in the backline, not only for attack but also for matching fast opponents on attack. This is one part of why the Rebels have leaked so many tries this year; not the main part, but a part.

I watched Mortlock at the SFS and was amazed at how he was able to use his footie knowledge to get to a spot to tackle guys on time, but not everybody has his nous. They need more speed. The recruitment of Inman won't help the speed of the backline but a fellow like Toua will. though I don't know who was contracted for just one year and can be discarded.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Apart from Toua there are a few in the Reds 'backline stable' that need an eye kept on, particularly if JOC (James O'Connor) 'comes home'. I'm thinking Jonno Lance and Kimami Sitauti, but Harris and Tapuai would also be looking at the whole JOC (James O'Connor) thing with interest.

I've said it before but Lance would be an excellent pickup.

T

tranquility

I would rather lose Kimami than Toua, and I rate Kimami. Jono Lance and Aidan are so much better than some of the starters currently at the Rebels.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Apart from Toua there are a few in the Reds 'backline stable' that need an eye kept on, particularly if JOC (James O'Connor) 'comes home'. I'm thinking Jonno Lance and Kimami Sitauti, but Harris and Tapuai would also be looking at the whole JOC (James O'Connor) thing with interest.

I've said it before but Lance would be an excellent pickup.

If O'connor comes I cant see us holding onto all our backs, at least 2 of them will sign elsewhere.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The 2011 Reds are now just one win away from going through the regular season undefeated at home. The only other Reds team to manage that in the pro-era was the 1996 team.

What a huge effort from the boys it will be if they get the job done by knocking over the Brumbies next weekend. I hope they do. Go the Reds!!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Reds have to be massive favourites to go all the way this year. They've got all the ingredients, an experienced coach, a winning combination at 9/10, plenty of Wallabies in the forward pack, have knocked over the big teams, surely they can't lose it from here...... :)

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
One of the commentators for the game said that Rod Davies, Mike Harris and Peter Hynes will be back by finals time. Dunno how reliable but if so excellent news

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Reds have to be massive favourites to go all the way this year. They've got all the ingredients, an experienced coach, a winning combination at 9/10, plenty of Wallabies in the forward pack, have knocked over the big teams, surely they can't lose it from here...... :)

Thanks for dropping the mocker on us ACTC... Nice work mate! For us long suffering reds supporters the favourites tag feels a bit uncomfortable, but we live in hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.