• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It is all but confirmed from what I have heard. They are probably just waiting to finalise the squad before they announce it.

Really like the look of sam lane. A pretty rounded player with a good kicking and passing game.

T

TOCC

D. Murphy cut from the EPS then i imagine?

What about those rumours the Reds were going to set up their own academy in 2013... What merit does that have and who can we expect to see in that?

I wonder how the salary cap impacts on the academy concept...

W

What2040

Touch of an overstatement there. Injury on saturday was just one of those unfortunate ones. Its not like he is a Toua or CFS and constantly doing his hammy. He isnt the biggest guy which is my main concern and seems to get beat up more than most. His courage and skill in a bit bigger frame and he could be anything.

Has it been confirmed Sam Lane will be in the EPS next year? Long term he looks the best backup for QC (Quade Cooper) by a good margin.

Maybe a little bit of overstatement but shit for whatever reason he keeps getting injured.
However 4918 I agree that Lane looks the goods - he moves well, can kick, pass etc etc - by far the best back-up option for QC (Quade Cooper) - should be in top squad. - when is he fit again ????

W

What2040

TOCC - heard thwe same thing about a Reds Academy - great stuff - Reds can then control their talent (to a degree)

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
D. Murphy cut from the EPS then i imagine?

What about those rumours the Reds were going to set up their own academy in 2013. What merit does that have and who can we expect to see in that?

I wonder how the salary cap impacts on the academy concept.

Dallan Murphy will play for Aix en Provence in French second division.
The team has hired a medical joker leaving him some time to recover.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
There is a darkhorse who has recently emerged for an EPS spot next year. Louis Frisby who has been the halfback for Bronco's U20 side the last couple of years was recently released. Link already met with him last year a couple of times about coming to the Reds and has again met with him since being released. I believe he will be starting at flyhalf for GPS Premier Grade this weekend against Uni if anyone is keen for a look. Louis is the cousin of Reds utility Nick Frisby and they'll be making up the 9/10 combination this weekend.

I've watched him play for a number of years now and the kid has some serious talent and a great boot. Will be interesting to see if it is now a competition between Sam Lane and Louis for a spot or maybe they will both get picked, or neither. Who knows!

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
I was walking my dog around Ballymore on Friday and I'm amost certain I saw Peter Hynes doing some 1 on 1 rehab work.

Hard to believe but maybe there's a comeback in the works? I'd love to see it - you have to admire that sort of spirit.

I can't believe I forgot to post this. Two weeks back I was at a lunch where Robbie Deans spoke, and Hynes was there.

There was an awkward exchange after Dingo acknowledged Hynes and said something like "and I believe he has some very good news ... [pause] ... uh, Peter do you mind if I say it?"

Hynesie didn't object and Dingo said something along the lines of "Peter's told me that he has a very good shot at getting back on the park in the near future."

I can't remember exact wording but the message was unmistakable.

T

TOCC

There is a darkhorse who has recently emerged for an EPS spot next year. Louis Frisby who has been the halfback for Bronco's U20 side the last couple of years was recently released. Link already met with him last year a couple of times about coming to the Reds and has again met with him since being released. I believe he will be starting at flyhalf for GPS Premier Grade this weekend against Uni if anyone is keen for a look. Louis is the cousin of Reds utility Nick Frisby and they'll be making up the 9/10 combination this weekend.

I've watched him play for a number of years now and the kid has some serious talent and a great boot. Will be interesting to see if it is now a competition between Sam Lane and Louis for a spot or maybe they will both get picked, or neither. Who knows!

Louis Frisby.. Played rugby union at Ashgrove and made Queensland U16 Rugby Rep side...

W

What2040

TOCC - what happened to him after 16's - did he make QLD open schoolboys or Aussie team ???????

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
He's with the Bronco's u20's side. I always rated him, was a great fly half and if he didn't break his jaw in a Chris F'Sautia tackle at state trials, who knows he could of made the Australian side and been offered a rugby contract.

He'd be alot better as an EPS then UJ who had been horrific of late for Easts.

W

What2040

UJ certainly hasn't performed to his reputation as a 15 year old - maybe wasting a place for a more-deserved young fella

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I can't believe I forgot to post this. Two weeks back I was at a lunch where Robbie Deans spoke, and Hynes was there.

There was an awkward echange after Dingo acknowledged Hynes and said something like "and I believe he has some very good news . [pause] . uh, Peter do you mind if I say it?"

Hynesie didn't object and Dingo said something along the lines of "Peter's told me that he has a very good shot at getting back on the park in the near future."

I can't remember exact wording but the message was unmistakable.

I Dont get the message.......

T

TOCC

his saying that Robbie Deans announced that Peter Hynes may be getting back to playing footy very soon...

On the topic of Jake Shatz, he only just turned 22, that still dam young by back rower standards..
AynBOFuCUAAaMTF.jpg

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
With the loss of Higgers how does this affect Shatzies off season training and preparation? As mentioned he is still very young and has quite a large frame. Do you think he'll be doing some intense bulking and power work during the offseason to try and replicate Higgers for next season? I've had my doubts over Shatzies ability but for the back end of the season I've been very impressed. I would rather the Reds develop him more rather than go out and find a proper ball running 8/6.

L

Linebacker_41

It is all but confirmed from what I have heard. They are probably just waiting to finalise the squad before they announce it.

Really like the look of sam lane. A pretty rounded player with a good kicking and passing game.

I have heard differently. I believe that Sam Lane is heading to the Tahs in 2013.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
his saying that Robbie Deans announced that Peter Hynes may be getting back to playing footy very soon.

On the topic of Jake Shatz, he only just turned 22, that still dam young by back rower standards..
AynBOFuCUAAaMTF.jpg

He made it sound a sif there was somethign a bit more sinister to it, when he sai tat it was awkward

J

Jiggles

I would rather Schatz not go all out in the gym, but rather focus on his technique in the contact zone. The Best Number 8/Blinde side flankers have always been about technique at the break down and the contact first, and bulk second. I think it was Mowen a few years ago at the Tahs who said he felt confident now that he had bulked up. thats the wrong attitude in my opinion, and from memory Mowen had a pretty ordinary season as he went into contact way to high and had sacrificed his mobility and fitness.

I didn't really rate him last year, but he has improved big time. Starting to be a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.