• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Well Genia has left us.Time to definitely give Frisby more time at 9.

Who would be on the shopping list? Maybe Kingi, McKibbin, Prior.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
When Cooper was considering leaving the Reds I was a vocal critic of him considering the idea because I felt he and Genia could have set up an enduring partnership at Super rugby level and for the Wallabies. Now Genia has left, what will Quade do? Reds, Force or Rebels?

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Well Genia has left us.Time to definitely give Frisby more time at 9.

Who would be on the shopping list? Maybe Kingi, McKibbin, Prior.

Why not just hold a free ticket draw to play halfback!
Frisby was a cover all bases, budget signing.
You have the best halfback committed for the rest of the season, you play him.
Welcome to professional Rugby.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I wonder if the last couple of months have convinced the QRU that they need Quade more than they need Will, and that they can't keep them all.

I just wonder if the blokes in head office spent too much time patting each other the back about how well everything was going and then totally dropped the ball where it mattered most - retaining your key players. This is a monumental fuck up.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
With the salary cap in place, retaining every major player was always unlikely for the Reds. After they won the comp, all players would have wanted more pay.

Genia gets his money in WA (wonder if it was $400k?) and frees up cash to be used for others in QLD. It's not so bad for them (unless of course others like QC (Quade Cooper), Digby, ... are not retained either).

Even Poey was being a bit toey at the end of tonight's game. " Nothing's being confirmed" when asked about his contract...

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
should of spent the faiinga money on genia, considering hanson is now first choice and then picked a good local centre from premier grade

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Anyone have some Premier Grade 9's worth looking at for an EPS spot?

Dom Fuller (Easts) and Matt Lucas (Sunnybank) are probably the two best running around currently.

T

tranquility

Dom has been turned over so many times now, I would be very surprised if they pick him up over Lucas. That said, Benny Lucas will be our top dog at 9, and he is a bloody good 9, and a bloody good player fullstop. He has waited around so long, learning his trade head-down bum-up taking the scraps of opportunity he has been given. Given that background he will flourish as a starting player. Seeya Will, it's been real!

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Fuck I hate the Force, I hate them more than NSW, have since their inception, it had all simmered down but the filthy no home talent poachers have opened the old wounds. Fuck you & your filthy mine money! Hope you like playing with cellar dwellers again Will, this isn't a rugby move, this is pure greed. At least he's not lost to Australian rugby is the only positive.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
IMO Lucas' skills are better off being exploited in other positions where he has some more room to move. After all back at school and for club he was mostly a 10 and only converted to 9 to fit into the Reds system. Frisby should be good enough to handle the starting job and i'm sure there would be a solid 9 floating around in prem grade. At least by finding out now I guess the selectors can look a lot harder during the club comp this year at the halfbacks.

And Penguin I agree with you to an extent. I don't exactly hate the Force but the way they have raped and pillaged the Reds over the years does annoy me. I think Genia has commited Wallabies suicide though. I mean we noticed he was struggling all year and yes did improve last game but unless the Force managed to poach a decent 10 from somewhere (QC (Quade Cooper) would be my only guess) then I don't think they'll get the best out of him. Based on form this year you would pick White before him and maybe even McKibbin.

Throw all of Genia's coin at the forward pack we have and everything should work out fine.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'm afraid this might just be the start of another 06 debacle BigDog, I half expect Cooper to follow. And going by some of the comments on the Fox site coming from Perth they love the fact their team is full of mercenaries & would like nothing more than to see the full plundering of Qld stocks yet again. I fucken hate the bastards, and whats worse is they're run by ex Queenslanders!

N.B. Apologies to all good natured posters/supporters hailing from the West, you're not who I'm pointing my fingers at in my rant. And if it just stops at Genia
my anger will be appeased somewhat :)

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
So after reading the G&GR take on Will moving, what exactly is Will unhappy about at the QRU at the moment?

After 6 months of winning the grand final we see the head coach being moved on the defensive co-ordination leaving and now one of our best players jumping ship to a team in a worse position.

To me this decision by Will makes no sense and more importantly with the murmurs of the players being unhappy with Grahams appointment (along with fans) would the QRU start to think they've made a wrong move here?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Perhaps the lack of consultation with the players during the process of signing up of RG would have put a few noses out of joint? Horwill expressed surprise at the announcement as he was not privy to the goings on beforehand...

Think the players, or at least Genia and Horwill deserve more respect than that...

QC (Quade Cooper), no...he twitters too much!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ease up Penguin.

No home talent poachers is a bit of an unfair cop. WA juniors are rapidly improving in skills and so is WA representation in national age grade teams. Age grade teams picked by Eastern Staters. The junior pathway over here has been rooted in the ass by the ARU with their Sydney and Brisbane academies. Senior rugby in WA doesn't get a fraction of the ARU funding that Sydney and Brisbane get. Fair? You want us to produce our own talent but you don't provide equal opportunity to do it.

You guys sometimes make mountains out of molehills about Force recruitment of Reds players back in 2006. Digby Ioane was overlooked for Wendell Sailor- who fucked up there? Besides you got him back anyway. David Pocock was told he would have to wait a few years behind David Croft. Other than Nathan Sharpe and a couple of fringe players, who else did we really steal?

As for Genia, you lost a star player. I get it. It feels like shit. But at least you have last year's championship as a bit of a pick me up.

T

tranquility

Without getting into it, because I understand that it is professional sport and I have no spite. But you gutted our entire academy, and all of our depth which put the franchise back about 3-4 years. But, that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.