• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Whats everyone's thoughts re Dallan Murphy's contract situation? I don't reckon he'll be offered another EPS contract, he's been in the Reds system now for three years so I think they've done all they can with him. Frisby should also get given a full contract IMO. After seeing Genia's faults this year I think having Frisby around in the long run will pay dividends.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Murphy should be contracted somewhere. A far better prospect for the step to Super Rugby than many others I could name. I saw him playing for Brothers last year and was extremely impressed. He and Shipperley in that game made their opposition look very very second grade.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Agreed Gnostic, he is a great club player but I think thats the extent of his playing career. Didn't really seem up to speed for Super Rugby and is probably the only flyhalf used by the Reds this year who was replaced on the basis of form not injury, which is saying something given they decided to bring in a player from outside the entire group.

Murphy will probably go overseas as he is still a very good player but will struggle for playing time in Australia.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Murphy could get a gig somewhere even if he went to NPC or Currie cup for a year or two to hone his skills. Frisby is a must genia needs competition to keep him sharp

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
Agreed Gnostic, he is a great club player but I think thats the extent of his playing career. Didn't really seem up to speed for Super Rugby and is probably the only flyhalf used by the Reds this year who was replaced on the basis of form not injury, which is saying something given they decided to bring in a player from outside the entire group.

Murphy will probably go overseas as he is still a very good player but will struggle for playing time in Australia.

Agreed great at club but that's his limit here in oz. Is Matt Brandon still at easts? He might be worth a look at, he's had time overseas and the force.

C

Cave Dweller

To paraphrase a............. nah just kidding,
Its only half way through the season still the other half to go.
table.jpg

Just 5 points off with 8 games to make up that ground. If the Reds play like they played against the Stormers minus the basic errors then they can easily make it. They must just keep positive and try and grind victories out

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Not nearly as simple as that. Once a team is well behind in points - as we are now - as much depends on the future outcomes for your best competitor teams as it does on our own work. We now have to perform significantly better for many weeks on end in our hardest games, than the Tahs and Brums do in their hardest games.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Absolutely, and our Aus competitors are consistently having 'higher quality losses' than we are. So their accretion of bps is way ahead.

C

Cave Dweller

Not nearly as simple as that. Once a team is well behind in points - as we are now - as much depends on the future outcomes for your best competitor teams as it does on our own work. We now have to perform significantly better for many weeks on end in our hardest games, than the Tahs and Brums do in their hardest games.
All the games been hard this year. Been very closer than last year. I think you should throw patriotism out the window and root for the opponents of the teams thats ahead of you in the conference all be it NZ or Saffer teams. You can start by hoping the Lions spring a surprise.

W

What2040

Absolutely right CD - being a Queenslander obviously want Reds to win Aussie conference and beat all other Australian teams. It just FUC-ING galls me to barrack for saffas or teams from the Land of Darkness against any of the Aussie teams (to enhance the Reds). Am sure many here would feel the same way

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Yeah - I remember back in the day when the Tahs were a possibility for the finals and the Brumbies were playing in NZ and if they lost it would be better for the Tahs' chances.

I started watching the game not wanting the Brumbies to win but I couldn't hold that thought for more than a couple of minutes as my Aussie loyalty took over.

I think most folks think like that. I was watching the Canes v Reds game last year on the TV in a room inside the SFS before a Tahs game and we were all going for the Reds even though it was in our best interests if they lost.

I wonder how we will all react though in the last round and it comes down to our own side making the finals as the conference leader but only if a foreign team beats another Oz team?

That would test us.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Each to his own. There is no right or wrong here. Personally my loyalty is to the Reds and their best interests. Second I will take the underdog any day of the week. I choose to leave my national sentiment till the Wallaby campaign begins.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Sums up my thoughts on the matter completely, LG. I can't really help but go for any Aus team whatever the consequences

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Each to his own. There is no right or wrong here. Personally my loyalty is to the Reds and their best interests. Second I will take the underdog any day of the week. I choose to leave my national sentiment till the Wallaby campaign begins.
Same, but replace "whoever is playing NSW" instead of underdog :p

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Would like to see Lucas retained as a more then capable replacement for QC (Quade Cooper)....

Two weeks ago Ben Lucas was in a short list of possible scrum halves who have been approched by Perpignan, with Dewald Duvenage and Piri Weepu.
Still waiting for an official confirmation.

T

tranquility

Geez, not a bad shortlist of 9s. Even though Benny is probably the least talented of the three, keep your grubby french hands away. Cheers:)

Status
Not open for further replies.