• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cave Dweller

Absolutely right CD - being a Queenslander obviously want Reds to win Aussie conference and beat all other Australian teams. It just FUC-ING galls me to barrack for saffas or teams from the Land of Darkness against any of the Aussie teams (to enhance the Reds). Am sure many here would feel the same way
lol I do understand that point but you got to look at it from a club point of view and not country. Thats what makes rugby so fun at times. You see people having a go at each with local rivalries but all stand together when the National team is playing. You are not competing against NZ or Saffer teams for a play off spot but Australian teams. Them losing except against your team will not improve anything in your conference. Ok it can a bit but not like the other teams in your conference can competing for the 1 spot. Before the conference system was implemented you could watch it with your patriotic jacket on but competing in 1 conference for 1 or 2 spots between 5 teams you got to put that jacket in the closet!

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Two weeks ago Ben Lucas was in a short list of possible scrum halves who have been approched by Perpignan, with Dewald Duvenage and Piri Weepu.

I don't remember seeing that many KFC joints when I went to France, sounds like it'd be an excellent move by the Weepinator!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
We all cheered for you guys in the finals last season.

Have a bit of love for your southern neighbours.

If it was a final i certainly would be on your side. Generally try harder to watch the Aus teams but in a normal comp game national loyalty plays little role in who i cheer for. Once past the Reds my fave sides are Highlanders (blame a kiwi i work with from that region), Chiefs and increasingly Cheetahs. Generally a fan of the way those sides play the game. Not to say that i don't appreciate what the Crusaders or Stormers offer which is technically prob the better rugby.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
For me
1-Reds
2-Rebels (love the underdog)
3- Highlanders
4- Cheetahs
5- Stormers

The latter three because of how they play footy. Stormers may not be entertaining, but I love watching brutal defence.

W

What2040

For me
1-Reds
2-Rebels (love the underdog)
3- Highlanders
4- Cheetahs
5- Stormers

The latter three because of how they play footy. Stormers may not be entertaining, but I love watching brutal defence.

Brutal defence is often not appreciated by the 'uneducated" rugby followerer. Whilst I love seeing tries scored there is nothing better than a hard fought mongrel game across the park, teams essentially even, and then the team with the most will to win exerts that will to gain a win by a point or two. Aaaaah I love this game!!!!

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Brutal defence is often not appreciated by the 'uneducated" rugby followerer. Whilst I love seeing tries scored there is nothing better than a hard fought mongrel game across the park, teams essentially even, and then the team with the most will to win exerts that will to gain a win by a point or two. Aaaaah I love this game!!!!

Grit and basic intelligent rugby isn't respect by almost ANY rugby follower.

The amount of times I've heard a test cricket follower laud their game's grinding and tactical nature; whilst a rugby fan will bemoan a team who kicks from deep or opts for points over a lineout. Funnily enough in some cases both these opinions are held by the same people.

C

Cave Dweller

Like the english football fans. Thinking a forward not scoring heaps of goals is crap yet missing the tactical aspect of the game. Same with rugby

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...etitions-growing-strength-20120425-1xljb.html

Ah, Link, have you been reduced to reciting the line you gave us Tahs fans all those years ago. We aren't so stupid to accept that the standard of play by the Oz provinces has been anywhere near the level of the similar matches in the other conferences. I might also point out that teams like the Blues that you refer to are being lambasted by their own fans for the actual performances, not their results.

Like I always have said, its the manner of a teams play that matters not so much the results. Play well and the results wil follow.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
I don't remember seeing that many KFC joints when I went to France, sounds like it'd be an excellent move by the Weepinator!

True... but it won't be the first time french clubs would hire guys that just come for the paycheck from NZ...

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, not gonna happen...

The whole story reeks of a negotiation ploy...

Right now the ARU are in the excellent bargaining position with the Lions tour next year...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, They do need backs...

But I don't know if they should blow their budget on a halfback...

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
pocock aside, they don't need to spend much on their forward pack. though they probably want to secure a lock to replace sharpe.
I think with cummins, malfie, and stanley all looking fairly decent along with nalaga hopefully fit and rearing to go next year, they should spend their money on their halves. secure genia and that keeps pocock, and as for a 10....I think there are options out there. the reds have a few capable 10's that the force could poach. is nalaga their marquee?
sorry i've made this a force 2013 thread.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Hope genia doesn't leave. Ill be pretty filthy if he does.

Opens the door for prior to return north though. He would be on my recruitment list.

T

tranquility

Did the Reds try to sign Ruaidhri Murphy when he was in Brisbane?

Status
Not open for further replies.