• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

He is playing better rugby here than he was over there. Makes you see the merit of bringing blokes into the group with skillsets from different continents. It is benefiting him and obviously benefiting the squad.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Guys can we wait and see how the play after the bye before lining up a new coach?

Mark my words; in 6 weeks we'll be celebrating how good the 2014 team has become because we'll be safely in the 6.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I hope so mate, but if the reds do make the final 6 it will because the rest of the Aus teams will have a shocker back end. Certainly looking that way at the moment with ugly wins with some tough games ahead of them.

In regards Richard graham and the other coaches they were given a team with top players and great a wining platform.
I drop into training now and then, and I know I'm far from being apart of the team but to me it feels like the fun has gone and I've even noticed the same thing at game time with there warm ups. For me anyway it seem all to tense,

The Reds need to show big improvement for the second half of the season, to give me any confidence heading into the 2015 rugby year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A few QLDers off contract elsewhere (acknowledging this is still a 2014 thread, but we can sign them this year, for next year). Notably Jesse Mogg.

Matt To'omua as well.

I'd love to get Paul Alo-Emile back. Holmes is on his last legs you assume, Daley's future is under a cloud and whilst we have Paraka and Kite coming through (both excellent prospects) then PAE.

A 2nd string hooker may be needed with Saia likely to go, depending on whether Alby finally reaches his potential or not. Not many hookers going around either.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A few QLDers off contract elsewhere (acknowledging this is still a 2014 thread, but we can sign them this year, for next year). Notably Jesse Mogg.

From today's Crimes:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...tay-with-the-act-brumbies-20140421-zqxfu.html

Matt To'omua as well.

Highly unlikely unless the Reds are getting rid of a few other 10/12's and stay under the cap..........

He's also expressed a desire to stay at the Brumbies, but there's the risk one of he or Lilo (more likely IMO) could be lost to the Rebels........

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)

Matt To'omua as well.

I'd love to get Paul Alo-Emile back. Holmes is on his last legs you assume, Daley's future is under a cloud and whilst we have Paraka and Kite coming through (both excellent prospects) then PAE.

A 2nd string hooker may be needed with Saia likely to go, depending on whether Alby finally reaches his potential or not. Not many hookers going around either.

I think Alo-Emile should be a big target for next season.

I'm a big fan of Holmesie, and he's been a great servant for many years, but this season he really is struggling. And as you said Parakka and Kite are great prospects, just not ready to step up yet.

Although, bringing in an old head wouldn't be a bad idea, given that most of our props are under 25yrs old.

T

Tip

Reds need to invest in a new Strength & Conditioning coach. One that specializes in the Strength department.
I want to see all of Simmons, Quirk, Shatz, Gill & Browning 10kg's heavier.
PAE would also be nice, he started out in the Reds academy, went to the Force on a full contract, then moved to the Rebs.. I think it's time he completes the circle and comes home

T

TOCC

Reds need to invest in a new Strength & Conditioning coach. One that specializes in the Strength department.
I want to see all of Simmons, Quirk, Shatz, Gill & Browning 10kg's heavier.

I think you should leave the S&C to the experts....
Go back a few years and study the case of Hoiles and his battle of allegedly against been too light.

T

Train Without a Station

A decent internet connection and access to a semi decent gym is more than adequate to put on 10kg. Generally players will target a playing weight based on their own thoughts though, in conjunction with those from the coaching staff based on what the players perceived strengths and weaknesses of play are.

10kg more isn't going to make Shatz a bruising ball runner, he just isn't one.

10kg more isn't going to help Gill get more pilfers. May even cause him to lose a little pace, which could have the opposite effect.

Quirk I agree could do with some significant gym work. His style of play at his best would be aided by increased strength and bulk.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I drop into training now and then, and I know I'm far from being apart of the team but to me it feels like the fun has gone and I've even noticed the same thing at game time with there warm ups. For me anyway it seem all to tense

This is troubling. Hope it is something that turns around after some good wins rather than a sign of cultural issues.

T

tranquility

PAE would be great. I kicked the pebbles when he went to the Force. Murday, not as sure.

As far as hookers go, I think both Ready and Ngauamo are considered pretty highly so I wouldn't be too worried.

Matty To'omua would be great, but it would be a crime to take him from Canberra. Running that side will help his game enormously.

McMahon would have been nice to bring home, but he has re-signed.

T

Train Without a Station

McMahon would have been a terrible pick up. Another undersized back rower who isn't quite a 7 and not quite a bullocking 8. We already have 2 of those in our starting team and browning and Robinson to cover 6 also. McMahon would be the last player we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.