• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
People will disagree given Izzy's 2013 form, but I've always thought and said on this forum that Karmichael would make a better rugby union player then Izzy. They are two distinctly different style of players though, its like comparing apples and orange's when you look at their actual skill sets and physical attributes.

Karmichael is a playmaker with great vision, and whilst he played fullback in Rugby League he was always filling that 2nd playmaker role outside of Lockyer, no doubt he would have moved to 5/8 had he still been at the club following Lockyer's retirement.

If the Reds were to chase him(which i don't think is going to happen) it would be for the fullback position, but ultimately he could play 10,12 or 15 if needed.

Given that, the Rebels would be the better destination considering they must have space under their salary cap and they desperately need a 10.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ive heard the Hunt to Broncos deal has been essentially done for a while now, just waiting to sign on the dotted lines. The deal has obviously put Josh Hoffman in even more of a sticky situation as he was already feeling upset about the signing of Barba.

I know most rumour journo articles should be taken with a grain of salt but a few months back Hoffman was mentioned as being courted by the Reds when he first expressed displeasure to the Broncos management. Wouldn't be surprised if we see some similar articles now in the coming days but would be very surprised if he actually signed with the Reds, seems his national ties are very firmly with NZ which would rule out any ARU top up for him, so essentially I think the Reds can't afford him even if they wanted him.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Broncos do need halves so maybe TOCC is right. It will take more time for him to find his feet there though.

I don't see him in union anytime soon. The ARU don't have the money for two big signings in two years.

T

tranquility

Karmichael would be a very special rugby player. Most likely at 12 or 15, and that is where he played at Churchie and was / is the best schoolboy I ever saw.

Reactions: gel
T

TOCC

2014 Reds jersey minus that white square around the st George dragon
hurunygy.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hunt was a great league player who was incredibily tough and ran the ball back at speed and without fear. Ay union I'd like to think there is certainly a place for that style a certain amount of finese is also required to make a great rugby back.

Anyway it seems the Broncs deal is done - good move K

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
Does anyone know when the 2014 jersey goes on sale? I saw in the membership brochure on the redsmembership.com.au site that members can buy a 2014 BLK jersey for $99 but the Red's Shop on redsrugby.com.au only has 2013 stock.

T

tranquility

Don't worry about the subtly in his game, what he doesn't know about games played with a rugby ball, isn't worth knowing.

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
Does anyone know when the 2014 jersey goes on sale? I saw in the membership brochure on the redsmembership.com.au site that members can buy a 2014 BLK jersey for $99 but the Red's Shop on redsrugby.com.au only has 2013 stock.

Nevermind, I've answered my own question by emailing the reds membership office - the $99 jersey offer will be added to the Reds Rewards page some time in the near future and members will receive an email about it. They wouldn't be any more specific than that.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Yeah but I think everyone had worked that out. The bloke just trucked the ball back at a million KPH and often broke the tackle. I really do not know how he got up from some of those collisions.

Hunt's staying with the Gold Coast Suns AFL - end of story!!!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nevermind, I've answered my own question by emailing the reds membership office - the $99 jersey offer will be added to the Reds Rewards page some time in the near future and members will receive an email about it. They wouldn't be any more specific than that.

$99 for a jersey these days is pretty damn good. Particularly a new one. Good deal.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
USA - I don't know - just seemed like a good thread to make a comment or 2 to pass the shitiness of a mundane working day - love "living the dream"

have a great Xmas everyone, best wishes, safe healthy and prosperous new year to all and sundry

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

Can't wait!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.