• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday... Still faster than yours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Who gives a ratsd about his left jab? Who is going to fill the 10 jersey in his absence?

Harris or Lucas, but this is RG. He does play taps 13 and AF 12 (that one is for you @sully) so It could end up Frisby 9 and Genia 10...

Stranger things have happened this year....

Like being last in the comp

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I thought Lucas had one of his better games when he came on for Cooper against the Rebels but more with his line running and support play. I don't think putting him at 10 is going to achieve anything. Hopefully Harris plays 10.

Ballymore68

Bob McCowan (2)
I'd be very disappointed if Harris didn't play 10, Ben Lucas doesn't do much for me at all. With this season well and truly gone, the Reds should start looking at options for the future and I dont see Lucas as one of them.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
In 2012 when Cooper was down, everyone wanted Harris at 10 and he didn't go so well. Link then used Lucas at 10 and it seemed to work really well until he got injured (followed by Harris injured, then Murphy injured, then Lane injured).

Based on that experience, would it not be better to go for Lucas at 10 again and Harris at fullback?

baz

Frank Nicholson (4)
In 2012 when Cooper was down, everyone wanted Harris at 10 and he didn't go so well. Link then used Lucas at 10 and it seemed to work really well until he got injured (followed by Harris injured, then Murphy injured, then Lane injured).

Based on that experience, would it not be better to go for Lucas at 10 again and Harris at fullback?

While I agree Lucas has a better passing game
Harris must bring something because they didnt lose one with him in 10 jersey. For me it depends on the game plan. Quade and Benny best at attacking running rugby. Harris better at chess type rugby. Not that exciting to watch but wins games . He would be well suited to NH game

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if RG put Daley or Slipper as 10. With Slipper coming back and RG's perchant about wanting Daley on the run on side for some reason, it's an unfortunate possibility...

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have liked the way Lucas has played this year but just not convinced that he is a 10. See him more as 15 & got a bit confused when RG dropped him back to be bench. But then again I see Harris as more of a 12 then 10 or 15......

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lots of interesting comments from Link on the podcast, particularly about defence.

Link made the point that missed tackles hasn't been as important as aggressive defences that rush up and place pressure on the opposition.

Interesting that the Reds defence this year has been very passive, which is different from the previous years.

I suspect this is not a coincidence - I wonder if Graham prefers a more passive drift defence, whereas Link prefers a more aggressive style of defence.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lots of interesting comments from Link on the podcast, particularly about defence.

Link made the point that missed tackles hasn't been as important as aggressive defences that rush up and place pressure on the opposition.

Interesting that the Reds defence this year has been very passive, which is different from the previous years.

I suspect this is not a coincidence - I wonder if Graham prefers a more passive drift defence, whereas Link prefers a more aggressive style of defence.
Just to expand on your point, I've noticed the Reds are not as combative in breakdowns in previous years, and don't like to commit many numbers in this area in attack or defence.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just to expand on your point, I've noticed the Reds are not as combative in breakdowns in previous years, and don't like to commit many numbers in this area in attack or defence.

I think this habit is actually a function of the reds adapting to circumstances rather than any form of actual preference for a passive defense.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah probably comes from being completely penalised out of games earlier in the season. Not a lot you can do otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.