• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Redsfan

The NSWRL are including a Suva side in the NSW Cup from next year, so unfortunately we'll probably lose a few of those diamonds. Would be excellent if we could get a Fijian and Samoan side into the NRC.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Have we scoured Queensland sufficently !!!!! Surely we have some huge country boy, plenty of mongrel and courage. Fuck fuck fuck

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Rewatching match v. B&I Lions and was reminded of this factoid:

Going into Rd. 14 in 2013 the Queensland Reds were the only team in Super Rugby to not concede a bonus point.

We have to get back to that standard.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Rewatching match v. B&I Lions and was reminded of this factoid:

Going into Rd. 14 in 2013 the Queensland Reds were the only team in Super Rugby to not concede a bonus point.

We have to get back to that standard.

No problems mate:

A few more players:
Much better defence:
Increase in culture (back to 2011), leading to better defence;
Some more defence;
Kevie leads by example;
Genia plays to ability each week;
Some more defence.

problem solved !!!!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I know someone has posted when the Reds are announcing their team, but could someone please remind me? I know it's somewhere around mid August.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The NSWRL are including a Suva side in the NSW Cup from next year, so unfortunately we'll probably lose a few of those diamonds. Would be excellent if we could get a Fijian and Samoan side into the NRC.

All they'd do is take the money they spent transporting them around to play Super Rugby A sides and switch it to the NRC, genius.

Won't happen though.

T

TOCC

I think the absence of A.Fainga'a for many games is pivotal as well, he was the lynchpin of the back-line defensively, when they lost him they lost a good communicator and a great tackler.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
For some unknown reason Ant lost his mojo this year.

It was great for the Reds moving forward that both Finger and Chibba were elevated into the Wallaby squad to join Slipper and Simmons. Interesting aside that they are all tight 5 guys.

Obviously Kevie would be disappointed at not being in the team 23. I really don't know if he will be as motivated (I hope he is FFS) next year, now that it seems he is on the absolute outer as a first choice lock for the Wallabies.

I suppose that will depend on how young guns Carter and Skelton perform in the R.C.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jeez you say some fucked things Scrubber.

If being pushed to the outer doesn't motivate a guy like James, fucked if I know what will.

TWAS - you just need to get some reality happening, particularly in respect of James. If a comment is made you become erratic.

I said he would be disappointed ! Is that a fucked up comment.
I said "I really don't know if he will be as motivated ... And said I hoped he would be . Is that a fucked up comment?
I also said; "now that it seems he is on the absolute outer as a first choice lock for the Wallabies" - Is that a fucked up comment or a fucking reality

Whether he becomes motivated, more motivated, or absolutely single minded is up to him. Again the reality of the whole situation is that he left the door open (yep - I understand the serious injuries, performances for whatever reason) and a couple of younger guys have stood up bigtime (particularly Carter). Whether he can wrestle the spot back remains to be seen, but it will be a huge job for him

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Absolute outer = next lock outside of matchday team

Well, to go from captaining the wallabies, being the first player and lock picked to being probably rated as the fourth best lock, behind Simmons, Carter and Skelton (although personally I think he is still ahead of Skelton overall)

I just think James would be disappointed all round.

T

Train Without a Station

I was channelling some classic 12th man with my comment.

I think your comment "I really don't know if he will be as motivated" is well off the mark. This is the exact type of thing that would motivate a champion or anybody who aspires to be one.

Whatever happens, I'm doubtful motivation will be an issue for James.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I was channelling some classic 12th man with my comment.

I think your comment "I really don't know if he will be as motivated" is well off the mark. This is the exact type of thing that would motivate a champion or anybody who aspires to be one.

Whatever happens, I'm doubtful motivation will be an issue for James.

This post is reasonable and expresses your opinion, as we all have the right to do. But to rip it into me every time Horwill is mentioned defies belief.

I am also hopeful he gets back to his best, bestest and bestestest. Believe it or not I platonicly love the bloke and what he's done for Qld and OZ rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.