• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
WHEN the fuck are new signings etc going to be announced ??

Reds Gala Ball ??? Start of season??? Christmas day ????

Reds supporters need to be fed something !!!

You would hope they are announced before they start gouging members again.

I'm still hoping RGs review will result in his own sacking, so maybe they are awaiting that.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
This make sense if they where watching Nadroga. As there No. 8 plays for the Fiji national team.

His name is Nemani Nagusa and he is a MASSIVE rig.

He has highlights on youtube, if you chaps want to look him up. Looks raw but could be an astute pick up.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
This make sense if they where watching Nadroga. As there No. 8 plays for the Fiji national team.

His name is Nemani Nagusa and he is a MASSIVE rig.

He has highlights on youtube, if you chaps want to look him up. Looks raw but could be an astute pick up.

The Reds could do worse than signing him in their international spot, and he could do a lot worse than getting Super rugby on his CV.

Still, is there any point going there if there's so much footage of him already?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The fact is you just don't know until you get them into a professional environment.

There were people bemoaning the signing of Leone Nakarawa by Glasgow. Not only was he not Scottish, as a 5th string lock, he didn't move till October, when he was meant to be there in preseason.

He proved them all wrong though. Ended up playing back row because he was too good to leave out of the 23. Could be similar with this bloke.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

The Reds could do worse than signing him in their international spot, and he could do a lot worse than getting Super rugby on his CV.

Still, is there any point going there if there's so much footage of him already?

He may not be the only one they're looking at and they may not be the only ones courting him. It also helps to see the stuff that doesn't make the highlight reel.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
He may not be the only one they're looking at and they may not be the only ones courting him. It also helps to see the stuff that doesn't make the highlight reel.

Precisely

I agree boys but if you the sort of footage you can get of say a Pacific Nations Cup game it's a lot better than live.

Good coaches know you don't get alot out of live analysis.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I agree boys but if you the sort of footage you can get of say a Pacific Nations Cup game it's a lot better than live.

Good coaches know you don't get alot out of live analysis.

I think they're talking about him as a person, not as an athlete.

As a Melbourne fan you should be very familiar with how quickly things can get fucked if you have people who are great players on the field and total grubs off of it.

Then you've got lazy trainers, etc..there's a lot more to being a rugby player than just playing rugby these days!

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think they're talking about him as a person, not as an athlete.

As a Melbourne fan you should be very familiar with how quickly things can get fucked if you have people who are great players on the field and total grubs off of it.

Then you've got lazy trainers, etc..there's a lot more to being a rugby player than just playing rugby these days!

I agree but if a bloke is up off the deck quickly, works hard to get in position, and talks in the team chats (all of which would show up on footage) it probably means he's the real deal.

T

TOCC

I agree but if a bloke is up off the deck quickly, works hard to get in position, and talks in the team chats (all of which would show up on footage) it probably means he's the real deal.

There's a lot more to signing players then just watching footage and sending them a contract in the mail..

You can't criticise a team for sending a scout to watch a player on person, for all we know they could have been looking at a different player.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
There's a lot more to signing players then just watching footage and sending them a contract in the mail..

You can't criticise a team for sending a scout to watch a player on person, for all we know they could have been looking at a different player.

I'm not really disagreeing, just musing.

Status
Not open for further replies.