• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Big re-signing news!

IMG_5994-585x389.jpg

T

Train Without a Station

It's unfair to criticize based on lack of coverage by the Australian media for something that they could in fact be doing, but the Australian media would have minimal knowledge of as they are based overseas, and the majority of the Australian public have minimal interest of because they don't know who they are.

I'm an experienced professional in project and construction management. I guess my experience in yelling at construction subcontractors gives me the qualifications to walk into Reds HQ and give Carmichael a spray and tell him what he should be doing.

T

Train Without a Station

JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt are bad kept secrets because there's an appetite for that in the media.

We could have the biggest, baddest motherfucker running around in Durban coming over here. Who beyond this forum would know who he is or give a fuck?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
KHunt has officially quit AFL at a presser this afternoon.

"My family and I have been considering my next step as an athlete for some time, and as a result, now is right time for my playing career with the Gold Coast Suns to come to an end," he said.
"I will be forever grateful to the AFL and Gold Coast Suns for giving me such an amazing opportunity.
"I've enjoyed every aspect of it and the game and the Suns will always be part of mine and my family's life."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl...eer-set-to-join-qld-reds-20140828-109gsc.html

ABC News reported this morning he was going back to League. Could just have been an assumption on their part though I suppose.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
KHunt has officially quit AFL at a presser this afternoon.

"My family and I have been considering my next step as an athlete for some time, and as a result, now is right time for my playing career with the Gold Coast Suns to come to an end," he said.
"I will be forever grateful to the AFL and Gold Coast Suns for giving me such an amazing opportunity.
"I've enjoyed every aspect of it and the game and the Suns will always be part of mine and my family's life."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl...eer-set-to-join-qld-reds-20140828-109gsc.html

Anyone seen the footage of the AFL CEO's farewell speech to KHunt?

Seems he forgot he was going live the the presser, and buggered up his lines.
Can't find it on youtube yet, so I can't post a link to the footage.

Check out this page:http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gi...under-on-live-tv/story-fndv7pj3-1227040342445

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
For fucks sake : the bloke himself has said his body isn't up to AFL

NOW I don't want the bloke. How is he going to cope with our game in which they do really tackle (as in league and NIOT in AFL).

What a stupid thing to say if he's coming over !!!!

T

Train Without a Station

Because his body is not up to the volume of running required in AFL. Not the contact. In fact contact has been a very minor issue relating to his injuries. Give the bloke a break.

I've said it before and I wager I'll say it again. Jeez you say some fucked things sometimes Scrubber.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
For fucks sake : the bloke himself has said his body isn't up to AFL

NOW I don't want the bloke. How is he going to cope with our game in which they do really tackle (as in league and NIOT in AFL).

What a stupid thing to say if he's coming over !!!!
I thought his comments were comparable to a 100m sprinter trying to become a marathon runner and realizing that his muscles have the wrong type of fibres and his VO2 max ability is not what is required.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Because his body is not up to the volume of running required in AFL. Not the contact. In fact contact has been a very minor issue relating to his injuries. Give the bloke a break.

I've said it before and I wager I'll say it again. Jeez you say some fucked things sometimes Scrubber.

blinkers off TWAS - was happy to give the bloke the benefit of the doubt even though has not played rugby for quite a while. BUT if the bloke himself is making those comments then wake up. I know he was incredibly durable and tough at the Broncs but it gobsmacks me. It is strange to me that it doesn;t gobsmack others, even you

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
anyway old mate - would love to "debate" further but have an appointment to get my remaining hair permed for the Ball. Suppose the announcements will be forthcoming tonight ???????????

PS Heard the Reds have just employed another couple of personal strappers for Mr Hunt ha ha

T

Train Without a Station

blinkers off TWAS - was happy to give the bloke the benefit of the doubt even though has not played rugby for quite a while. BUT if the bloke himself is making those comments then wake up. I know he was incredibly durable and tough at the Broncs but it gobsmacks me. It is strange to me that it doesn;t gobsmack others, even you

Well I've played rugby and AFL, am a bit of a weight training lover and had a crack at my first marathon this year so I understand why his body struggles with AFL somewhat and can certainly relate with some of my own ailments.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Hunt has only played 10 AFL games in the last two years

That isn't great, has he been wounded or just crap?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Gold Coast got a metric fuck ton of young talent, on top of a couple of experienced recruits, and a squatter body not suited to the style of the game.

Compounded with an unfortunate injury or two to mean he's become a relatively poor option.

He's an outright professional in every sense of the word. You'll get what you pay for, and probably a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.