• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It depends on what you think is ridiculous price for light beer. We''re getting stung $7.20 for 425ml of light beer http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/Event_Info/2014_Food_and_Beverage_Price_List.aspx Then compounded that with XXX being no more than 100 metres away from the stadium so they could roll the kegs over and not use a semi!

I would dare say those looking for a big night out which involves the rugby saves their cash for the full strength beers afterwards up on Caxton street. Plenty of niche bars have now opened up which are tailored to the punters with "acquired" tastes.

Yeah Honey B's is great. ;)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's going to be a selection of Lion Nathan beers available at the Reds matches again next season. But you can get full strength stuff in the Members bar that run beneath sections 340 - 303. The same range of full strength beer is also available at the public bar in the North West corner behind 334-337. Always has been.
They had stuff like James Squire 150 Lashes, Hahn's & Heinekens in there this year but could certainly add a bit more from the extensive range they control. Wouldn't mind seeing some Little Creatures in the fridges myself - http://lionco.com/our-brands/alcohol-beverages-au/beer

And I agree with ditching the music. I preferred the "We Are Red" guy to that. He got people chanting, the music did not work at all.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It depends on what you think is ridiculous price for light beer. We''re getting stung $7.20 for 425ml of light beer http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/Event_Info/2014_Food_and_Beverage_Price_List.aspx Then compounded that with XXX being no more than 100 metres away from the stadium so they could roll the kegs over and not use a semi!

I would dare say those looking for a big night out which involves the rugby saves their cash for the full strength beers afterwards up on Caxton street. Plenty of niche bars have now opened up which are tailored to the punters with "acquired" tastes.

It would be mid-strength wouldn't it?

Somewhere between $7 and $7.50 for a midstrength beer would be the price for just about every stadium in Australia as well as concert venues and other entertainment venues.

I think these prices will always align with what you'd pay in a somewhat upmarket bar for a generic beer.

T

Train Without a Station

Having played against him when he was about 20 I would think he is a bit below that level.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I think these prices will always align with what you'd pay in a somewhat upmarket bar for a generic beer.

You Southerns are getting ripped off then. I could have sworn I got change from a $10 for a pint of craft beer from Brewski's last time I was there and that was full strength.

Maybe Hotel LA has clouded my judgement on drink prices when they do $5 basics to draw some of the Caxton crowed in!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You Southerns are getting ripped off then. I could have sworn I got change from a $10 for a pint of craft beer from Brewski's last time I was there and that was full strength.

Maybe Hotel LA has clouded my judgement on drink prices when they do $5 basics to draw some of the Caxton crowed in!

But there's competition on Caxton St.

The price you're going to pay in a stadium is more likely going to be similar to a generic beer at an upmarket bar in the city.

I haven't really noticed any different at stadiums/concert venues in Australia or elsewhere where I've been.

Has anyone ever said. !Wow! Stadium food and drink sure is well priced!"

T

TOCC

Rest assured that Suncorp's food and beer selection/service is well ahead of what's on offer at the SFS..

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Noticed a piece by the Reds about Slipper's younger brother Will. Any info on him? Having two Slippers would be splendid.

.Both feet would finally be warm.
Well there is a reason Will is only in the Bond Premier team....its because he is nowhere near as good as his brother! Without being disrespectful.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'll watch the game as well. I don't seem to be as averse to rugby league as some other people around here. Probably has something to do with it being the only form of rugby I can watch legally and regularly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Pretty good draw for us next year:

R1 v Brumbies A (Fri night)
R2 v Force H (Sat night)
R3 v Highlanders A (Fri night)
R4 v Waratahs H (Sat night)
R5 v Brumbies H (Sat night)
R6 v BYE
R7 v Lions H (Fri night 8pm)
R8 v Rebels A (Fri night)
R9 v Bulls A (Sun Morning)
R10 v Cheetahs A (Sun Morning)
R11 v Canes H (Sunday Arvo!!!)
R12 v BYE
R13 v Saders A (Fri night)
R14 v Rebels H (Fri night 7:40pm)
R15 v Sharks H (Fri night 7:40pm)
R16 v Force A (Sat night)
R17 v Chiefs H (Sat night)
R18 v Waratahs A (Sat night)

No June Test window as it's a RWC Year.

SA Tour is Bulls and Cheetahs (Rounds 9 & 10)
NZ Teams away are Crusaders and Highlanders

We don't play the Stormers or the Blues.

Byes are spaced out nicely and only 2 away games in the first 7 rounds. If we can capitalise on that hopefully we can carry some momentum through the rest of the comp. It's been a big leg up for teams historically to have a number of home games early.

EDIT: To add what day the games are played on.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Would love to somehow be over at the Reds v Cheetahs match.
A Full day of 6 games of Super Rugby finishing up with that one for the punters in the Republic. Somehow I think it's far more likely that I'll fall asleep on the couch watching the Force match and have the alarm go off for the Reds kick off.

Status
Not open for further replies.