• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Lots of Friday night games, hope it doesn't affect crowds too much.
R1 v Brumbies A (Fri night)
R2 v Force H (Sat night)
R3 v Highlanders A (Fri night)
R4 v Waratahs H (Sat night)
R5 v Brumbies H (Sat night)
R6 v BYE
R7 v Lions H (Fri night 8pm)
R8 v Rebels A (Fri night)
R9 v Bulls A (Sun Morning)
R10 v Cheetahs A (Sun Morning)
R11 v Canes H (Sunday Arvo!!!)
R12 v BYE
R13 v Saders A (Fri night)
R14 v Rebels H (Fri night 7:40pm)
R15 v Sharks H (Fri night 7:40pm)
R16 v Force A (Sat night)
R17 v Chiefs H (Sat night)
R18 v Waratahs A (Sat night)

I have edited my post to indicate the days that the games are played on. We have 3 Friday night games, 4 Sat night games and 1 Sunday Arvo game. I think the Friday night game we struggled with numbers for this year, kicked off at 6:40pm because of daylight savings in NZ and NSW. The R7 Fri night fixture vs the Lions is in the daylight savings period so could be similar but the kick off is listed as 8pm so if that's AEDST then worst case scenario is 7pm kick off. Lions were never going to draw a big crowd anyway.

The Canes on a Sunday arvo will be awesome!!!

What is interesting is that the Tahs don't have any home Friday night games and two Sunday arvo games. Great to see they are doing what they can to maximise the crowds there.

EDIT: Just noticed that we have 3 Friday night away games which suits me. Love watching the Reds on a Friday night. Get home, grab a beer and some take away. Ditch the pants and settle in. :)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What is interesting is that the Tahs don't have any home Friday night games and two Sunday arvo games. Great to see they are doing what they can to maximise the crowds there.

The most successful teams have more Saturday night games due to TV ratings. The Tahs had a lot more Friday games in 2012 and 2013.

Rebels fans have always complained about having the bulk of their home games on Friday nights.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Whatever the reason, I think it's a good thing. Sunday games in Sydney are always well attended and Friday night games not so much, or at least I thought.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Looks easy enough. Should be just after round 5 to know if we are going to see those crazy people carrying ropes and a gallows prowling the Herston area looking for someone with the initials R.G.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I can't speak for anyone else but I just can't get there on time after work.
And the idea of sneaking off early, rushing around like a lunatic in peak hour to get to the game with no time to get a beer or a pie just doesn't appeal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Karmichael has had his first training in a session with Brisbane City, he could play for City or Country before the season is out.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...gby-union-switch/story-fni2fxyf-1227063273013

336064-045213ea-3f22-11e4-817b-9586585ae44c.jpg

B

Bobby Sands

K is going to surprise some people, on how good he is. Such a great signing.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In fairness he should play for Country but if he is to play fullback then City is the place to do it.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Genia hasn't trained fully for two years.

It has been two years since Will Genia has been able to do any weights, and three since he has put any extra stress on his neck and shoulders.
Pretty much from the time he pulled on a gold jersey in 2009, the Queensland halfback's body was creaking under the weight of continuous rugby by this time last year.
There was season after season for the Reds and tour after tour for the Wallabies, where he has been the linchpin of the back line in recent years. By the time he was sent home from the June series against France this year, with directions to get his ankle fixed, the wear-and-tear list was long and frightening.
"It was disappointing to need surgery and be ruled out but it was a blessing in disguise, in that I rejigged my weights program and conditioning program, and I was able to fix up issues with my knee and shoulders and neck, through physio and just some time off and some rest," Genia said.
"I feel really refreshed and I'm back doing weights again because I got little niggling issues fixed up.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Whats the issue with Friday night games? why dont they attract the same levels of attendance as saturday games?

With club rugby being played on Saturday's, a large chunk of supporters probably want to stay 'fresh' for their games and would rather stay at home to watch the game. Not saying thats the only reason but definitely contributes I believe.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Genia hasn't trained fully for two years.

Jeebus! Kind of explains a lot though. Hard to expect a player to be 'the best in the world' if half his body is broken. Kind of mind boggling though that he was continually selected if he couldn't train properly. Pretty short sighted from the coaching team and just dumb from Genia.

Hopefully though, he's gotten himself fixed now and strong again and with a solid preseason, will turn out for the Reds in 2015 in that sublime form he's known for.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Jeebus! Kind of explains a lot though. Hard to expect a player to be 'the best in the world' if half his body is broken. Kind of mind boggling though that he was continually selected if he couldn't train properly. Pretty short sighted from the coaching team and just dumb from Genia.

Hopefully though, he's gotten himself fixed now and strong again and with a solid preseason, will turn out for the Reds in 2015 in that sublime form he's known for.

The coaches need to keep preforming otherwise there is immense pressure on them so they want to pick the best players every week.
Genia would know that to keep your spot in the team you don't give anyone else a crack as they might steal your place in the team.
Rugby careers are short and egos involved are big.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah but how has that worked out for any of the parties involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.