• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm still getting over Ben Mowen's nudity in the tv programme (aka Terminator 2) about his transition to France.

B

Bobby Sands

I think he is close to the best.

I wonder what would have happened if he was not U20 captain and had started in the Wallaby team when Pocock got injured?

Mate, he has just been a victim of circumstance. He obviously needs to diversify his game a little, but he is such a natural football player. His pick-and-go game in tight is extraordinary. Scores so many tries just through awareness close to the line. Is also a linking player in the Stephen Hoiles mould. Will be our skipper, no doubt about it.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Gill is a victim of selection, opportinity blah blah.

Unfortunately he finds himself well behind Hooper who has taken advantage of EVERY opportunity that was given him.

Even though Poey has been out for 2 years most people think the 7 spot next year will be between Hooper and Pocock (depending on the coaches expectations). Hooper is a similar age to Gilly.

Then Hodgo - moving forward we all know that whilst a champion age is knocking on the door very loudly.

Whichever way you view the spot of 7 most would agree that Gill is third in line. I expect Liam to do the overseas thing quite early in his career.

T

Train Without a Station

Why?

Croft was 3rd in line and would have had a lucrative career but never did. It's not a thing players just do out of virtue Scrubber.

Most who do it are well behind what Gill has achieved. E.g. Long bottom, Kimlin and Pyle. Over 25 and 1 to no caps.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Why?

Croft was 3rd in line and would have had a lucrative career but never did. It's not a thing players just do out of virtue Scrubber.

Most who do it are well behind what Gill has achieved. E.g. Long bottom, Kimlin and Pyle. Over 25 and 1 to no caps.

Agree he has done a lot but I thought he does have the ability to do a lot more. Circumstances have circumvented that in the foreseeable future.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yeah I agree with TWAS, Pocock may never regain his form and with Hodgson in his penultimate season, Gill might very quickly find himself as 2nd in line.

Injuries are inevitable and Gill has a long future in gold, I assure you.

B

Bobby Sands

Gill is a victim of selection, opportinity blah blah.

Unfortunately he finds himself well behind Hooper who has taken advantage of EVERY opportunity that was given him.

Even though Poey has been out for 2 years most people think the 7 spot next year will be between Hooper and Pocock (depending on the coaches expectations). Hooper is a similar age to Gilly.

Then Hodgo - moving forward we all know that whilst a champion age is knocking on the door very loudly.

Whichever way you view the spot of 7 most would agree that Gill is third in line. I expect Liam to do the overseas thing quite early in his career.

That's basing it on what you would do.

Liam is made of sterner stuff. He will captain QLD, and he will be an exceptional seven.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
That's basing it on what you would do.

Liam is made of sterner stuff. He will captain QLD, and he will be an exceptional seven.

I think he's an exceptional 7 now. I hope he goes on to captain Queensland in the future.

How do you know what I would do because I haven't a friggin clue what I would do in the same circumstances. I just think that's what HE will do. Do you know when he is signed to ????

B

Bobby Sands

I think he's an exceptional 7 now. I hope he goes on to captain Queensland in the future.

How do you know what I would do because I haven't a friggin clue what I would do in the same circumstances. I just think that's what HE will do. Do you know when he is signed to ????

Unfortunately I'm not sure when his contract ends, but I know the type of bloke he is and I really can't see him leaving prematurely based on chasing the tumultuous Euro. He is QLD as, loves a fish - is very tight with the playing group and would really covet the opportunity to captain QLD. He Captained the Australian schoolboys as an 85kg flanker - god damn extraordinary.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
A good Display of the Queensland contingent this morning i think. Slipper was himself, Fainga'a i think was one of the best forwards in our pack, the Second row was good, with a few mistakes but good none the less. Cooper had a very good impact and certainly we looked alot more of a threat with him on, but for me, the best thing was Genia! played alot better this week.

I probably shouldnt be as happy as i am after that loss but i think theres some positive signs! :)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
You've still got yer rose-coloured glasses on PT, Genia was very ordinary in my book. His leadership at the death and decisions were, frankly, woeful, as they were last week. And his passing's not up to test standard. On current form he'll be struggling to make the RWC squad.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
You've still got yer rose-coloured glasses on PT, Genia was very ordinary in my book. His leadership at the death and decisions were, frankly, woeful, as they were last week. And his passing's not up to test standard. On current form he'll be struggling to make the RWC squad.

i Dont think so mate, his passing was from the base of the ruck and faster, im not saying he should start by any means, im a phipps fan, but he was alot better than his last couple of games i think. what decisions were wrong ? and his leadership was as lacking as alot of others, namely the captain himself.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Our attack looked threatening once Genia came on, about 20 minutes too late. Phipps has had a great year but was rather poor & easily flustered today.

Status
Not open for further replies.