• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ No one better tell @Dismal Pillock. Rugby's All Time Crims XV tilt at World domination could be under serious threat from a NFL All time Crims team.

Running around on Cook Islands with your wanger out while carrying a years supply of alcohol onboard, trying to root minors in the PI's, breaking jaws, or jumping on some car bonnets and generally being a dick pales into insignificance to what some of the NFL folk have got up to.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
The thing that I'm going to find most interesting from the KH affair is the QRU fallout.

How many guys made way for the Hunt signing? How much was invested in Hunt? Did the QRU, which surely they wouldn't, have any knowledge of what was going on? What impact does this have on on-field performance and the tenability of RG and Carmichael?

It's going to be an interesting few weeks, and not for the right reasons.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't reckon this will be that tough for the Reds to manage this one. If it's all a mistake and he's innocent then no harm, no foul, and play on. If Hunt is in any way implicated with distributing cocaine then I expect the Reds will cut ties and move on. I am certain that no one other than Hunt would have known about this prior to his signing. Finding a replacement, should it get to that will be the drama. It really needs to be a 10/15 doesn't it?

Current Squad:
Forwards:
Ben Daley
Greg Holmes - Injured
James Slipper
Saia Fainga'a
James Hanson
Andrew Ready
James Horwill (c)
David McDuling
Ed O'Donoghue
Rob Simmons - Injured
Curtis Browning
Liam Gill
Ed Quirk - Injured
Beau Robinson - Injured
Jake Schatz
Adam Thomson
Hendrik Tui
Lolo Fakaosilea

Backs:
Nick Frisby
Will Genia
Quade Cooper - Injured
Duncan Paia'aua - Injured
Anthony Fainga'a - Injured
Chris Feauai-Sautia
Samu Kerevi
Campbell Magnay
Ben Tapuai - Injured
Chris Kuridrani
James O'Connor
Lachlan Turner
Karmichael Hunt
Jamie-Jerry Taulagi - Injured

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
This is half of my point. We cut ties with a lot of guys who happened to be handy footballers - i.e. Harris, Shipperley, Placid - to make way Hunt. If there's nobody ready to pick up the slack, that's a RG/Carmichael problem. Obviously a prison sentence for dealing wasn't expected, but you should always plan for injuries.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yes and no. They took a punt and let go of a few guys to chase some big names. If Hunt goes down, none of that should reflect on Jim Carmichael, RG or the Reds. It's just fucking unlucky for them. Yes, you should plan for injuries but I doubt any other teams would be in any better situation with a similar injury count. The cover for Quade was not good enough but the rest I don't think should have necessarily been 'planned for'.

This is the Tahs (or close to it) with a similar injury list.

15 Israel Folau - Unavailable for selection - trouble with the law.
14 Taqele Naiyaravaro
13 Adam Ashley-Cooper - Injured
12 Kurtley Beale - Injured
11 Rob Horne
10 Bernard Foley - Injured Whoever their backup 10 (Volavola??) is injured too.
9 Nick Phipps
8 Wycliff Palu
7 Michael Hooper
6 Jaques Potgieter
5 Will Skelton
4 David Dennis - Injured
3 Sekope Kepu - Injured
2 Tatafu Polota-Nau
1 Benn Robinson.

Replacements:
16 Tolu Latu
17 Jeremy Tilse
18 Paddy Ryan
19 Sam Lousi
20 Mitchell Chapman - Injured
21 Stephen Hoiles
22 Brendan McKibbin
23 Matt Carraro
24 Pat McCutcheon
25 Peter Betham - Injured

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)
This is half of my point. We cut ties with a lot of guys who happened to be handy footballers - i.e. Harris, Shipperley, Placid - to make way Hunt. If there's nobody ready to pick up the slack, that's a RG/Carmichael problem. Obviously a prison sentence for dealing wasn't expected, but you should always plan for injuries.

Also Ben Lucas was cut, wouldn't he be handy to have in the squad now along with the above three mentioned who are performing at the rebels.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
We also cut Aiden Toua. Wouldn't it be great having him sitting on the injured list also. Easy to call it now with 20/20 hindsight but had we come out in round 1 with a healthy squad and carved up the Brumbies everyone would've been heralding the Reds HQ guys as geniuses.
Just saying.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't think the trouble is with the players the reds have picked either...

But there are no excuses for the level of injuries the reds have.

It is astronomical compared to other teams at this time of the year - and following on from last year (where injuries were also exceptionally high) would indicate that there is a fundamental problem with the preparation of the players for the game of rugby.

Whether it is Richard Graham and co coaching them poorly in the techniques of the game such that they are exposed to injuries, or RG has them confused to such an extent that they have doubt in a contact sport that leads to them being injured, or Ollie preparing them in a S&C manner consistent with soft squishy northern hemisphere fields instead of the hard concrete ones down here, I have no idea - but there can be no question that there is a problem with the preparation of the team and not the players.

I don't accept it as bad luck because it just isn't. To prepare a team for a season such that 1/4 of the team is crocked is just wrong.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Here is something positive about the Reds. Rusty will play 15 this week and blow us all away with his skill leaving us to ponder why they never played him in the past.

T

TOCC

Wasn't it also to make room for Kerevi and Kuridrani ?

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
i reckon berrick wouldnt be bad on a short term contract, i think he got a lot of stick unfairly because he was really well rounded and talented, but i dont want to pick up another player who will break before the season even starts.

T

TOCC

Well, whilst i will always hope steadfast in supporting the Reds and the current team, i think in terms of contingency planning it will be extremely difficult for RG to achieve a 'successful' season now, so who is the next coach off the rank.. I like Nick Stiles and what he did with Brisbane City, he should be locked up.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
who's rusty? ffs. so many bloody nicknames, i know there was a list a couple of pages back but with panthers, and pickles and two fingers and also whatever the hell a chibba is, it can be hard to keep track.

Rusty+The+Koala.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.