• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Watching the pace and skill sets by the Brumbies/Chiefs and Rebels/Waratahs matches, I think Larkham's comments regarding the standard of the Reds is currently pretty astute (sadly). They don't belong :(

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Rusty+The+Koala.jpg

Here's my selection for next coach.

T

TOCC

Yes another article from NSW said he was approached by the Waratahs to submit an application.. It could kickstart a coaching change at the Reds if Carmichael and co don't want to lose him.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yes another article from NSW said he was approached by the Waratahs to submit an application.. It could kickstart a coaching change at the Reds if Carmichael and co don't want to lose him.

Was thinking the same thing, he seems to be the most valuable member of the current coaching team. I'm not sure if he's the best option for Reds head coach but he'd probably be better than Graham.

I do like the idea of a team put together from him and a couple of the previous successful assistants. A Stiles, McKay, Taylor combo seems like a pretty good set-up, only issue is that they're all at a point where they're probably looking to head coach.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Does anybody know details of Tony McGahan's contract with Melbourne? I'd love to see the Reds throw $$$ at him after his efforts there.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
A Matt Taylor, McKay Stiles combo would be good. Each of those guys has a proven record of getting the Reds to improve in their specific areas. Another candidate might be someone like Brian Smith?

B

Bobby Sands

Has to be Taylor.

Has done a very solid apprenticeship now, and doing very well by all reports over in Scotland. Post WC you would have to think he is looking for a head coaching start. He knows the setup, from QLD. Just bring the man home.

But first of all lets knock over those blokes from Perth tonight and help RG save his neck for another week.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Speaking of necks I think my Reds supporter scarf has officially gotten more actual, practical use than any they've sold up to this point now.

For those unawares it's been around a balmy -20C here for the better part of the last two weeks in my neck of the woods. The alleged high for tomorrow is 0C and I'm honestly considering pulling the tank tops and board shorts out of the top of my closet.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Does anybody know details of Tony McGahan's contract with Melbourne? I'd love to see the Reds throw $$$ at him after his efforts there.
I reckon the Reds would hate him as a coach.
He's great for the Rebs cos at this stage they are happy to be competive & stoked to win whatever way they can.
The Reds supporters are used to winning in style.
They won't do that with Totality Tony.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I most interested in seeing them go for at least one of Taylor, Stiles or McKay, though there may be merit in chasing a more established coach. If that's the case I don't really think Tony McGahan is the answer, though the Rebels are looking good so far he hasn't actually done anything there yet and I think the jury is still out. If we're going to go big we have the money to go properly big, I'd rather see them chase someone like Tim Lane in that situation, though there are probably a few other alternatives that I'm not aware of.

That said RG is still the coach and has an opportunity to prove himself, though his time is running out. If he can turn this season around from what has been a horror start I'll probably be pretty happy for him to stay.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I would be chasing Jake White - he was originally at Montpelier as a rugby 'advisor'. I'm unsure as to whether that contract concludes this year or next year.

There should be some money to throw at him since one of our backs suffers white line fever and will no longer be at the club, which is a blow to Queensland Rugby.

T

TOCC

Il still support RG this season, but it would take a great coach to recover from all these issues, and I can't see that happening.. I don't think you can blame anyone but Karmichael for the cocaine issue, but stakeholders will be going for blood if the Reds don't make the finals in 2015.. RG would be the first to go in they scenario.

Il even stake that if the team loses the next two games RG won't last the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Il still support RG this season, but it would take a great coach to recover from all these issues, and I can't see that happening.. I don't think you can blame anyone but Karmichael for the cocaine issue, but stakeholders will be going for blood if the Reds don't make the finals in 2015.. RG would be the first to go in they scenario.

Il even stake that if the team loses the next two games RG won't last the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the CEO comes out with a statement supporting the coach-you will know that it is all over--having said that I still think your mob will beat our mob tonight;our mob will be completly bamboozled by some strange stuff falling from the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.