• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
How long does Graham's contract run?

At this stage his chances of remaining past the season are close to zero, unless his friends on the board remain delusional. Currently I'd say odds are against him lasting the season.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
How long does Graham's contract run?

At this stage his chances of remaining past the season are close to zero, unless his friends on the board remain delusional. Currently I'd say odds are against him lasting the season.
Even with his mates on the board, you would hope sense will prevail. The rumbling in Queensland rugby is growing steadily louder, they would be turfed out if they were silly enough to ignore it.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Tonight probably saved Graham for another year.

We will hear the old injuries and distractions excuses for the rest of the year no doubt.

Tonight was a great win, but anyone can see the result covered up a lot of issues.

How Meehan remains employed is truly one of life great mysteries. Graham obviously has his best mate on the board, but I don't get Meehan. We've offered absolutely nothing in attack since he came on board.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, Meehan is arguably even a weaker link than Graham right now.

Biggest issues are: defensive structure, backline cohesion / lack of understanding and moves, incoherent game plans / game plans too hard to play to, ruck accuracy, discipline.

The only positive is set piece, and that's Stiles' responsibility. Although even Stiles has issues, as the ruck work needs improving.

At least in the Force game we saw a simple game plan and improvement in the ruck work and discipline.

I worry about our backline cohesion, we rarely even seem able to get the ball through the hands. We seem to rely too much on the odd bit of individual brilliance, which wins us the odd game.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
cheers mate, definitely give him crack.

Rusty+The+Koala.jpg

'Crack'or 'a crack'?
With the KH affair, one needs to chose one's words carefully.
And not knowing who Rusty is, the faithful mascot through thick & thin, will probably shatter him.
This might even force Rusty back to a eucalyptus oil overdose.:D

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
The only mascots at the games at the moment is a lizard or some shit, and some versions of slipper and S. Finger think.
Rusty+The+Koala.jpg

'Crack'or 'a crack'?
With the KH affair, one needs to chose one's words carefully.
And not knowing who Rusty is, the faithful mascot through thick & thin, will probably shatter him.
This might even force Rusty back to a eucalyptus oil overdose.:D

T

TOCC

So some positives for the Reds is that Talakai, Kotze, Magnay, Kerevi, Kuridrani, Murday and Faagase have only debut'd since late 2014, surely proving the value of the NRC competition.

Pretty exciting with Tapuai, Simmons, Holmes, JOC (James O'Connor), Fainga'a, all due back in the next couple of weeks.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Very excited about the Reds scrum this year. Talakai is the find of the year. Wallaby bolter this year & odds on to play 3 next year when Kepu goes OS.

Gill & Thomson are going to make a formidable backrow as well.

T

TOCC

I presume Beau Robinson is still injured...does anyone have any idea when he might be available again?

next couple of weeks i think he said in the interview, its hard to see where he fits in the team at the moment though..

Status
Not open for further replies.