• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
you need to build momentum and a winning habit as well though, the Reds dont have that currently..

Yes they beat the Force, but the Force were hopeless and I'm amazed that the Force were able to beat the Tah's the week before.. Reds should have beat the Highlanders, that was their best opportunity against a kiwi team and they needed to take away more then just 1 bonus point.

I think the Reds need to simplify the game plan, what they did last week against the Force was effective, play a territorial based game and slog it out. Its obviously easier said then done but in the game last night they kicked less and ran the ball more then the previous week, i just don't think the Reds have the partnerships in the back-line or the 5/8 to play an expansive game. JOC (James O'Connor) is a good player, but i still dont think he is a 10.
yes they should have won, but now any challenging Aussie team needs to get more than a bonus point away from home to at least one NZ team to pass us. In other words we have forced a team to beat a NZ team away from home.

In an ideal world we would win both NZ and SA games and then it gets hard for others to pass us.

I think we might end up in an exciting battle for 3rd in the Aussie conference with the Rebels and Force.

I guess the big hope is that Cooper comes back a match winner and that it is not too late.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Crunch time is right now for us. With a big chunk of our home games straight up, we need to be winning pretty much all of them.
If we can somehow do that, then players like Cooper coming back with surely help us build to the playoffs. If we can't do it though, even with Cooper coming back we will be a cooked duck I'm afraid.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Have to win the next two. No way I can see the Reds getting top 2 in the conference without these wins.

Reactions: gel
T

TOCC

Tapuai and Horwill are due back this week and no new injuries from the Highlanders game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BDA
T

TOCC

Also, Tongan Thor debut'd for Brothers on the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I made the comment in the QPR thread that he certainly looks the part, his scrummaging was strong and his runs were ok though he was very heavily marked. We had one glimpse of his power when he absolutely skittled his opposite number on one run down the touch line.

His brother was impressive also. Good skills, ran from the scrum base all day to good effect. I'd suggest he'll feature at NRC level this year.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone got info about this Hahn SuperPass that the Reds just emailed about? What is the Reds Garden? If they're selling cheaper beers then it might be worth a look into. Otherwise I don't really see why I'd fork out the extra money.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Anyone got info about this Hahn SuperPass that the Reds just emailed about? What is the Reds Garden? If they're selling cheaper beers then it might be worth a look into. Otherwise I don't really see why I'd fork out the extra money.

The Reds Garden is hostessed by beautiful nubile young maidens scantilly dressed, with jugs of free icy cold beer. At full time, the players come up to discuss the game in depth and .... cripey's. Time to go back to work!

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Reds Garden is hostessed by beautiful nubile young maidens scantilly dressed, with jugs of free icy cold beer. At full time, the players come up to discuss the game in depth and .. cripey's. Time to go back to work!
Is there nothing the QRU won't stoop to in order to try and take peoples minds off the poor on field performance and save RG? Smart move!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
News on Simmo from today's Oz.

Simmons’ new target date for a return is the March 27 match with the Lions at Suncorp Stadium.
If he makes it, it could mean a massive boost for the Reds right when they need it most, with Quade Cooper and possibly Karmichael Hunt mooted to return for that match.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sometimes I wonder about RG. Check this gem out from the team announcement on the Reds website. If its taken him this long to work it out, there is no hope. And this from a bloke who played for the Reds. FFS.

“It wasn’t until James Slipper and I talked after the recent Force match I truly understood how passionate, how devoted Queenslanders are to supporting their teams. After a less than average start against the Brumbies and a week of rain and wind - rusted on supporters, older folk, younger folk, parents with kids all turned out in their Reds kit to cheer the team to victory. Their commitment to be there and passion struck me that night as being something special, something Queensland.”

Status
Not open for further replies.