• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
You can already get money on us at 501/1 to win the comp but only $3 for the wooden spoon.

If the board can't see the writing on the wall, the bookies can.

We've got to turn things around tomorrow or the crowds will start resembling the Roar's.

And the Roar crowd tonight is 6148...

T

TOCC

Good luck to the bloke.
I will never understand the venom some people direct towards him or any player in the team.. He gave a lot to rugby in this state, including captaining the team through 2010 and been pivotal in helping the Reds claim the 2011 championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was waiting for the next big Reds marketing announcement for this one.
His Current form he should leave now and get settled in, no shot at the wallbies 9 and is Reds Back line issue at the moment.
he has really frustrated me lately..

All the best to him...

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Kafe's analysis of the Reds' game play on Rugby HQ last night was very eye-opening. In a succession of rucks while in possession, he pointed out that Will had not one forward in position to hit the ball up and was forced therefore to get the ball back to Quade playing quite deep at 10. Will couldn't reasonably have run himself because there was no support at all to form the ruck to protect the ball. A lot of criticism of Will atm is probably ill-directed.

What the analysis probably also highlighted is the game plan being put forward by RG. Forwards are all lining up to attack outside the No 10. Not a single forward around the ruck area to take the ball on occasions. If that is the case, then it looks to be a prime reason for the poor Reds' form this year.

The contrast with the Tahs' forwards pods working together was very stark.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Kafe's analysis of the Reds' game play on Rugby HQ last night was very eye-opening. In a succession of rucks while in possession, he pointed out that Will had not one forward in position to hit the ball up and was forced therefore to get the ball back to Quade playing quite deep at 10. Will couldn't reasonably have run himself because there was no support at all to form the ruck to protect the ball. A lot of criticism of Will atm is probably ill-directed.

What the analysis probably also highlighted is the game plan being put forward by RG. Forwards are all lining up to attack outside the No 10. Not a single forward around the ruck area to take the ball on occasions. If that is the case, then it looks to be a prime reason for the poor Reds' form this year.

Indeed. One of Kafer's better bits of recent analysis. The success or failure of the attack is multi-faceted, and hoping for a mercurial player (or players) like Genia and Cooper to make magic out of thin air has limited upside, so it's not all on them by any stretch. But I think it is incumbent on them, as senior and very experienced players to improve the organisation of the attacking structure beyond what we're seeing.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Genia leaving is probably the least surprising rugby related news I've heard this year. I'm just glad everyone finally knows that he actually is leaving, although I'm sure Reds management have known for a while.

I hope Frisby starts getting some decent minutes now, even starting a few games. The Reds can't afford to be offside with him, especially if he has contract negotiations coming up. Frisby is far from the perfect halfback but he is miles a head of anyone else the Reds could bring in.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
This is the problem our halfback has faced since Graham took over. expecting any halfback to work miracles without the proper support is rediculous. The reds structure is wrong and the coach believes it is right. things won't change.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
In a succession of rucks while in possession, he pointed out that Will had not one forward in position to hit the ball up
Yes. I saw Genia aggressively shove one of his own forwards (Daley) out of the way towards the end of that game and pointed him to get into a position to at least provide an option. The bloke just kept stumbling on. The Reds are a rabble and have been all season.

Reactions: gel

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

It is frustrating to watch. The Force have the exact problem. The forwards plus the nine are well organised but have no options from their on. The Reds backs could tear sides apart if our forwards were as well drilled as theirs. That pick and drive game should be adopted at the Reds done with the quick recycle they are good at. Mathewson and Genia both have that nippy running game also and it is evident the scope it creates for them to execute that threat.

Do away with that one out runner nonsense. It's crap and we don't even execute it well. Fatprop rightfully pointed out elsewhere that none of our runners receive the ball at pace let alone any motion at all. They just present themselves as a static target with a high center of gravity, easy to bring down or hold up eitherway presenting the opposition with an ample opportunity to force a turn over of possession. Until we can hit the ball in motion forget it.

We are so bloody easy to predict and just advertise to our opponents to fan out from the ruck, in complete opposite of trying to compress and commit them as we should.

In the backs, the inside ball must return. JOC (James O'Connor) has to be the new Digby for us. Different players but both renowned with that ability to be physically powerful in close quaters contact.

In regards to forwards outside the 10, the only one I would permit with a roving commission is Thompson. A bit slower with age but he is the first player that fill that brief since we lost Samo and Higgers. Like most NZ forwards he has the ball skills you would expect from a back.

What pisses me of most is we have some of the most mentally astute rugby brains in Australia yet we have the most tactically inept coach in the country.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Really hope they can pull off re-signing Cooper.

Sadly the longer they avoid the coaching issue the less likely it becomes. He seems to be needed to be challenged mentally by his coaches to get the most out of his rugby. We saw the benifit when Link just did that and we saw what happened when Deans didn't do that. Stimulate his rugby brain if we want to keep him or I suspect he will look elsewhere.

Metaphorically I sometimes think of players like Quade as artists as well as rugby players.

T

TOCC

He had confirmed the decision with Carmichael some time ago but didn't want it to disrupt the season so they held the announcement back. Unfortunately a source in France leaked it.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
He had confirmed the decision with Carmichael some time ago but didn't want it to disrupt the season so they held the announcement back. Unfortunately a source in France leaked it.

RG has run out of excuses, Hunt back, injuries under control etc.

Now the major disruption of Genia leaving "leaks" as the team prepares for at least 3 loses in next month. Seems to have timed perfect from QRU/RG point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.