• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Tin foil hat territory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I know that, but I still think it will come up at some point.

Even in the press release it was France's fault that Will couldn't "inform his teammates, supporters and the admirers he has throughout Australian Rugby, in the appropriate fashion as planned."

Everything is everyone else's fault. The Reds are just blameless victims of the universe.

T

TOCC

So Will agreed to let this rumour slip out so he could deflect some attention away from RG?

My thoughts are WIll is probably one of the players frustrated at RG, and therefor see nothing for Will to gain by letting this come out in this fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Never said Will had anything to gain, just saying we will hear it used as an excuse at some point directly, or indirectly.

The press statement was just an example of the externalisation of blame culture there.

No one could honestly believe in this day and age you can keep something like this a secret, especially when 1) everyone has known unofficially for months and 2) he's reneging on a deal elsewhere, that tends to leave some pissed off folks around.

If Will wanted to control it he should have told team-mates and press within minutes of signing the paper. Once he waited even a day, all bets are off and if it leaks it is his fault.

Also find it interesting Will has now reneged on 2 contracts/agreements within a 3 year period. One of my fave players and we will miss him immensely even when under-performing, but that ain't a good look.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Time to call a painter as both blokes on the front of the admin building at Ballymore are off at the end of the year.

Don't let RG near it or he will just white wash over it.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Sadly the longer they avoid the coaching issue the less likely it becomes. He seems to be needed to be challenged mentally by his coaches to get the most out of his rugby. We saw the benifit when Link just did that and we saw what happened when Deans didn't do that. Stimulate his rugby brain if we want to keep him or I suspect he will look elsewhere.

Metaphorically I sometimes think of players like Quade as artists as well as rugby players.

It will be hard to sign or re-sign quality players until the identity of the 2016 coach is known.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Auckland Blues sensibly and quietly accruing the bonus points.

Up to 4 now.

Looking to stealthily mount an overwhelming attack on 14th place on the table.

Gearing up for a bit of a hostile takeover.

Watch out you Reds!

wrestlerwin.gif

Queensland Reds coach R.Graham reacts:
mclovinpf2.gif

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Sadly RG has yet more excuses.so frustrating.

Yes, he and the QRU have a prolific and effusive Excuses Think-Tank never ending in its ingenuity. The Horwill red card and QC (Quade Cooper)'s new injury will be trotted out all week, a 'terrible run of bad luck'. And Rugby HQ recites each week's new excuses list slavishly, as though they were established truths.

Only problem is: to any sensible observer that knows a bit about rugby, none of them ever stack up, or bear scrutiny when looked at closely.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
It will be hard to sign or re-sign quality players until the identity of the 2016 coach is known.

And it should be said I think the likelihood of retaining the top class players is diminished the longer RG stays. They already have lost Genia and Horwill, and there are not ready made players in Oz to step in for them.

Lets revisit the player losses since RG came in and its alarming considering the weaknesses in the Reds team. Shipperly, Morahan, Harris from a backline looking bereft of ideas and real structure. Harris from a team with no real 10 backup except a rookie who has been dropped since his first outing (JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt are not 10s).

Reds discipline is woeful under RG. How many penalties do they concede per game and how many are they getting away with on top of that.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
And it should be said I think the likelihood of retaining the top class players is diminished the longer RG stays. They already have lost Genia and Horwill, and there are not ready made players in Oz to step in for them.

Lets revisit the player losses since RG came in and its alarming considering the weaknesses in the Reds team. Shipperly, Morahan, Harris from a backline looking bereft of ideas and real structure. Harris from a team with no real 10 backup except a rookie who has been dropped since his first outing (JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt are not 10s).

Reds discipline is woeful under RG. How many penalties do they concede per game and how many are they getting away with on top of that.

The Reds players are now in that phase where they are giving it everything, but mentally the team is shot. The Gill tip tackle a couple of weeks ago, Horwill last night and various other discipline related penalties speak of frustration at training and playing hard, but being in such a shambolic structure that nothing works.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yes, he and the QRU have a prolific and effusive Excuses Think-Tank never ending in its ingenuity. The Horwill red card and QC (Quade Cooper)'s new injury will be trotted out all week, a 'terrible run of bad luck'. And Rugby HQ recites each week's new excuses list slavishly, as though they were established truths.

Only problem is: to any sensible observer that knows a bit about rugby, none of them ever stack up, or bear scrutiny when looked at closely.

And any sensible observer could have predicted the end result of the Graham appointment to the Reds and the Foley appointment to the Force. In both cases it's just like watching a bad movie - you know how it's going to end and you can almost predict all the steps along the way.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
And any sensible observer could have predicted the end result of the Graham appointment to the Reds and the Foley appointment to the Force. In both cases it's just like watching a bad movie - you know how it's going to end and you can almost predict all the steps along the way.

What's your prediction for the Gibson-led Tahs?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
What's your prediction for the Gibson-led Tahs?
Bit different - the others had been head coaches elsewhere and done not so well. Gibson has yet to have that chance. Plus, it will depend a bit on what talent he has at his disposal - players and assistant coaches. The 2016 Tahs will have more than a few different names in there I think.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The Reds players are now in that phase where they are giving it everything, but mentally the team is shot. The Gill tip tackle a couple of weeks ago, Horwill last night and various other discipline related penalties speak of frustration at training and playing hard, but being in such a shambolic structure that nothing works.

Yep, this sums up exactly now they look to me. Each giving everything and going backwards. It must be crushing to be a player in the team ATM.

But we can still make the finals!!!! The end of the season must seem a looooong way away for the team right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.