• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Err 7 more..

You'd have to think that's do-able even its from the bench given its a RWC year. We played, what 7 games in the last RWC plus there's obviously the RC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Disappointing but most saw it coming.

Having met the bloke a long time before he pulled on a Reds jersey, I have to say I've been incredibly impressed with how he's matured over the years. He's copped a lot of unfair criticism but his service to QLD rugby is immeasurable. With any luck he'll return sometime in the future to an organisation that has managed to remove its head from its own ass.

I will definitely be watching Toulon more often and I hope he can remain injury-free as I have a feeling we may see him soar to new heights over there.

Unfortunately it's going to take a minor miracle now for the Reds to be competitive next season. Hanging onto Frisby must be #1 priority, even before dismissing Graham.

I think he has copped some fair criticism too.

He is my favorite player and I cant think of many people in the world that have shown how to turn a life around.

It appears that QC (Quade Cooper) learnt that leaving the boys behind to find a lady stops a lot of problems and with the boxing came discipline that has continued to improve his standing in many eyes.

QC (Quade Cooper) has been fantastic for QLD rugby and under used in the Wallaby set up.

QC (Quade Cooper) has become a great role model for kids and genuinely seems to be a nice person who has times for his fans.

I hope we see him in Red again even if it is a swan song in 8-10 years time.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Err 7 more..

You'd have to think that's do-able even its from the bench given its a RWC year. We played, what 7 games in the last RWC plus there's obviously the RC.

It's in Cheika's strategic interests to get him to 60 caps. And for Horwill two who needs 2 more. We may need that depth next year and beyond.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It was Barnes exit from the Reds in our darkest moments that forced me to join GAGR. Ewan started at the Reds a few weeks later. Let's hope this is our darkest moment and things will get better from here (although we still have half a season to get through)

Thanks RT. interesting comparison. something of a nadir for now.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Ahh the good old days - when choice of words in describing a color was more important than months/years of mismanagement of the team wearing said color by their head coach.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Err 7 more..

There are three RC games and four pool games. If we don't make it out of the pool he has to be in the squad for every game (no injuries). It's not that straight forward.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
It's a World Cup year so there should only be two Bledisloe matches.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just saw that's David Pocock's 27th Birthday today which reminded me that he's the same age as Quade - only 2 and a half weeks in it.

Pocock's probably spent just as much time if not more injured lately than Quade but we have all these stories saying how much sense it makes for Quade to leave, but none saying how about you go as well David.

Maybe they should just both stick around in Oz for a few more seasons.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Just saw that's David Pocock's 27th Birthday today which reminded me that he's the same age as Quade - only 2 and a half weeks in it.

Pocock's probably spent just as much time if not more injured lately than Quade but we have all these stories saying how much sense it makes for Quade to leave, but none saying how about you go as well David.

Poey is in a team going places unfortunately, why would leave?

Players have only so many years in them. Quade has done the "rebuilding" phase already at the Reds and built a winning team but shithouse management and put him back in another rebuilding phase if he stays, why would he stay?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Wouldn't be many players to turn up at david's birthday bash at McDonalds ???

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Quade is undoubtedly a master strategician on the field; and I'm wondering if he might not be one off the field.
A free trip to France with his manager, a lucrative contract on offer from Toulon, his house on the market..all enough to make the Red's Carmichael and to a lesser degree the ARU to dig deep in their pockets, not forgetting 3rd party contracts.
And then the massive publicity when it is announced that he's made the decision to stay on for another year.
He probably knows already who the new coach of the Reds will be for 2016:) (signed confidentiality clause).
Then plays his 60th game for the Wallabies, .........
tell me I'm dreaming:rolleyes:

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
So at the start of the season, there were a fair few criticisms of the number of backrowers in the squad. Just to refresh memories, this was the back row contingent of the official squad.....

Browning - Injured
Fakosilea - Potential debut this weekend
Gill - starting
Quirk - injured. Hasn't played. Likely to play this season???
Robinson - injured. No return date yet.
Schatz - injured
Thomson - starting
Tui - injured. Hasn't played. Hopefully be fit soon.

So we have 3 fit backrowers there. If Lolo gets on the pitch it will be a Super Rugby debut and we have Korczyk starting this weekend also (from the WTG or EPS or whatever it's called) in his run on debut.

I was one of the critical folk. I'm actually more concerned that I've been proven wrong, that the depth was required as a result of so many injuries!!

Status
Not open for further replies.