• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Anyone read the team announcement;

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...-to-play-Hurricanes-in-ANZAC-Round-clash.aspx

"“Karmichael (Hunt) is a victim of his own high standards. He has done a lot of work on the field in the past few weeks to improve all aspects of his game and as a consequence the load with games and travel was too much. He suffered a small adductor strain."

So K sets such high standards for himself as a professional he injures himself. What a crock of shit. That paragraph just sounds like the author is sucking up to K. How many games has he played this year? How many has Sanchez played?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Overtraining is a fairly common cause of injury. If he's been out there pushing hard to work out how to actually play rugby again, I'm not overly shocked he's picked up a niggle but disappointing it's enough to miss a week.

He'd want to only be 1 week though as time is fast running out to impress. At this stage it looks far more likely he'll be in the Gold of Brisbane City rather than the Wallabies in September/October.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Overtraining is a fairly common cause of injury. If he's been out there pushing hard to work out how to actually play rugby again, I'm not overly shocked he's picked up a niggle but disappointing it's enough to miss a week.

He'd want to only be 1 week though as time is fast running out to impress. At this stage it looks far more likely he'll be in the Gold of Brisbane City rather than the Wallabies in September/October.

This is a real problem for the Reds this year and it comes down to the S&C Staff. They have been terrible.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The S&C coach and the head physio left just before the SA trip. The other physio left shortly after a conversation with someone
There is no S&C

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
The Reds priorities should be
a) experienced and talented Head and/or attack coach with proven record of success
b) Very experienced head of physical performance. Somebody who's had good track record in heading up a high performance Rugby program before, preferably in multiple countries, and preferably somebody not from QLD.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Daly out now because he dislocated his shoulder at training today. What the fuck are they even doing that could make that happen?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
If even half of what is reported on here about staff is true, then the Reds entire management structure needs a proper shake up - not just the coach (he may be at the heart of the issues, but definitely is not at the root of it all).

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The S&C coach and the head physio left just before the SA trip. The other physio left shortly after a conversation with someone
There is no S&C

If that is correct - and I don't doubt you - it's simply mind-blowing that it could be like this.

Not only is such a state of affairs - 'there is no S&C' - extraordinarily negligent to team competitive goals way before the season's even finished, but just as importantly there's a major player welfare issue as well.

These sort of facts point to the Reds' inner sanctum being in a chaotic state of near-collapse. What sort of team management allows its whole S&C capability to fall away and not urgently replace it in mid-season?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
If that is correct - and I don't doubt you - it's simply mind-blowing that it could be like this.

Not only is such a state of affairs - 'there is no S&C' - extraordinarily negligent to team competitive goals way before the season's even finished, but just as importantly there's a major player welfare issue as well.

These sort of facts point to the Reds' inner sanctum being in a chaotic state of near-collapse. What sort of team management allows its whole S&C capability to fall away and not urgently replace it in mid-season?

Maybe one that wants to. It seems the S & C for the Reds has been part of the problem this season.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reds Open Training Session - 11 May 3:30pm - 5:00 pm

Limited to 20 spots, first in best dressed.

https://madmimi.com/p/c82426?fe=1&pact=29834634159
AS150403-Reds-open-training-session.jpg

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Who doesn't want a vacation home?

I have to say the coffee is not that good in Bulimba from my samplings. The restaurants can be a little obnoxious as well. My daughter does ballet up the road so I have spent many a Saturday sampling the life there. Then again maybe I just don't buy into the Oxford Street culture.

Surely he'd get better in France?

Status
Not open for further replies.